Fed up about cars ending up in yard because of driving too fast

Old December 4th 04, 11:21 PM
Mike Z. Helm

Default Fed up about cars ending up in yard because of driving too fast

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 09:42:11 +1100, "Rod Speed" >

>>> And if the particular situation being discussed is one where it
>>> may not always be obvious what the speed limit is, its a tad
>>> harsh to be executing someone who didnt notice the sign etc.

>> You shouldn't need a sign to prevent you from driving your car off
>> the road into the landscaping boulders on someone's front lawn.

>I was talking about the speed limit,

You were talking about "someone who didn't notice the sign".

> and the ranting about
>arseholes exceeding it and coming off the road at that corner.

You shouldn't need to be told that you may have to slow down when a road
bends.
--
There's no way to delay that trouble comin' everyday
Old December 4th 04, 11:23 PM
Mike Z. Helm

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 08:04:30 -0700, Big Bill >

>>Why should the homeowner bear the risks(and costs) of inept drivers running
>>off the road? More appropriately,it should be the vehicle occupants who
>>bear the risks and costs.

>Already (legally) taken care of through insurance laws.
>Yes, I understand there are some without insurance.
>That's what homeowner's insurance is for.

Perhaps money would help you get over the loss of a loved one, but not
everyone is as shallow as you.
--
There's no way to delay that trouble comin' everyday
Old December 5th 04, 12:09 AM
Rod Speed

The sign that spells out the speed limit, ****wit.

>> and the ranting about arseholes exceeding
>> it and coming off the road at that corner.

> You shouldn't need to be told that you may
> have to slow down when a road bends.

It may not be that obvious that a particular
bend needs to be slowed down for, ****wit.

Wota terminal ****wit.

Old December 5th 04, 01:03 AM
Mike Z. Helm

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 11:09:45 +1100, "Rod Speed" >

>Mike Z. Helm > wrote in message
.. .
>> Rod Speed > wrote

>>> I was talking about the speed limit,

>> You were talking about "someone who didn't notice the sign".

>The sign that spells out the speed limit, ****wit.

And like I said, you shouldn't need a ****ing sign to prevent you from
losing out of control and off of the road.

If you do, you have no business getting behind the wheel of a car.

How ****ing stupid are you?

You are too ****ing stupid to drive.

--
There's no way to delay that trouble comin' everyday
Old December 5th 04, 01:08 AM
Big Bill

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 16:23:48 -0700, Mike Z. Helm >
wrote:

>On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 08:04:30 -0700, Big Bill >
>
>>>Why should the homeowner bear the risks(and costs) of inept drivers running
>>>off the road? More appropriately,it should be the vehicle occupants who
>>>bear the risks and costs.

>>Already (legally) taken care of through insurance laws.
>>Yes, I understand there are some without insurance.
>>That's what homeowner's insurance is for.

>Perhaps money would help you get over the loss of a loved one, but not
>everyone is as shallow as you.

Shallow?
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying here.
I live in a world that is imperfect, and will stay that way.
Youy seem to live in a world that will somehow become perfect if we
can only... what? Kill those who lose control of their cars? Force
everyone to carefully consider their actions?
How do you do that? Exactly, I mean. What's the mechanics of it?
What's your suggestion?

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Old December 5th 04, 01:08 AM
Big Bill

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 16:21:56 -0700, Mike Z. Helm >
wrote:

>On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 09:42:11 +1100, "Rod Speed" >

>>> You shouldn't need a sign to prevent you from driving your car off
>>> the road into the landscaping boulders on someone's front lawn.

>>I was talking about the speed limit,

>You were talking about "someone who didn't notice the sign".
>
>> and the ranting about
>>arseholes exceeding it and coming off the road at that corner.

>You shouldn't need to be told that you may have to slow down when a road
>bends.

Absolutely right.
And your solution to reality is... ?

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Old December 5th 04, 01:09 AM
Mike Z. Helm

On 4 Dec 2004 02:28:30 GMT, Jim Yanik .>

:

>> On 3 Dec 2004 05:21:58 GMT, Jim Yanik .> wrote:
>>
>>>One 35mph road I used to travel,I saw police drive at
>>>50plus with one arm around a lady in the front seat(so there's no way
>>>they're "on duty").

>> Why do you think there's no way they could be "on duty"?
>>

>Did you read the part about "arm around a lady in the FRONT seat"??

Apparently he doesn't see the distinction between being "on duty" and
working his shift.

--
There's no way to delay that trouble comin' everyday
Old December 5th 04, 01:12 AM
Big Bill

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 06:15:12 +1100, "Rod Speed" >
wrote:

>"Big Bill" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 12:10:14 +1100, "Rod Speed" >
>> wrote:

. ..

>>>We aint talking about any 'average house'
>>>
>>>The PARTICULAR house being discussed had the OP say

>>>He's ALREADY ended up with a car in the yard, stupid.

>> Once.

>So far.
>
>> Some people have been hit by lightning more than once.

>Seems likely that the risk is rather higher than that.
>
>> Because something happens, that doesn't
>> mean it happens often or with regularity.

>Doesnt need to happen often or with regularity
>for him to end up with dead kids, ****wit.

You're right.
So, what's your solution? An electrified fence? Execution for the
second driving offence?
We must face reality. Railing against it doesn't work.
In htis situation, there are solutions; selective landscaping will
protect the house. If youy're worried about the kids, move. It's sad
that this is real solution, but, yes, we live in an imperfect world.
Shooting those who don't live up to your expectations isn't a viable
answer. Protecting your family may take more than complaining about
others. That's life.
If you have a better, workable solution, I'd like to hear it.

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"

528i vs 530i vs 540i USA Versions FSJ BMW 37 January 16th 05 06:38 PM
Subject: Traffic School - online traffic school experience response [email protected] Corvette 0 October 9th 04 05:56 PM
fast cars James Corvette 7 August 14th 04 03:03 PM
Cars free for qualified drivers ... Mahesh 4x4 10 April 1st 04 08:01 AM