525i Door Problem...

Old July 9th 05, 04:35 PM
Scott

Default 525i Door Problem...

The cable in my '92 525i broke several months ago and I had a car shop
replace it with a BMW part (they service BMW's regularly). For some reason
though, the door randomly will not open from the inside. I have taken it
back in several times, but they tell me there is nothing to adjust, just
hook up the cable and go. However the door will decide not to open for a
day or so.

Anyone have any ideas? I guess I could go to the dealership but this seems
like a rather trivial issue. I guess I could take off the unit and tie the
cable in knot to have more tension. Thanks in advance.

- Scott
Old July 17th 05, 03:14 AM
TraderBill2000

Could the problem be in the latch...and not the cable?

525i Electric Fan Question Larry BMW 5 June 21st 05 11:55 PM
525i sump pan gasket yaofeng BMW 0 June 16th 05 10:18 PM
1992 525i Overheating Scott BMW 5 May 23rd 05 09:28 PM
93 525i Rust Problem Rich BMW 2 May 14th 05 07:51 PM
Gasket replacement - 1992 525i Scott BMW 6 October 2nd 04 04:02 AM