Pro comp shocks from 4 wheel drive any good?

Old June 13th 05, 10:17 PM
swbell

Default Pro comp shocks from 4 wheel drive any good?

For a 03 Rubicon

Old June 13th 05, 10:53 PM
Jerry Bransford

No, they're not, at least if you're talking about the ES-1000, ES-3000,
or ES-9000. They aren't specifically valved for Jeeps and ride so
stiffly that I doubt you'd like them. Their 6-way adjustable MX-6 is
better but only because you can set it for a softer setting but even it
is not available specifically valved for the weight of a Jeep.

Jerry

--
Jerry Bransford
PP-ASEL N6TAY
Old June 13th 05, 11:26 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

http://www.therangerstation.com/tech...ght_Shocks.htm
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
http://www.desertracing.com/news/200...e_procomp.html
http://www.4x4wire.com/news/explorer...p/F250F350.htm
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old June 14th 05, 12:24 AM
Kevin in San Diego

Its a beautiful thing, Jerry and Bill working together.
I would even prefer a cheap set of DT shocks before the procomp. They
have cool photo ads though.
KH

Old June 14th 05, 12:47 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Hi Kevin,
Doetch, being a local shop wouldn't have anything to do with your
predigest, would it? ;-)
http://www.billhughes.com/mirror/doetschShocks.htm
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O

Old June 15th 05, 04:08 AM
Kevin in San Diego

Well actually I am prejudiced towards bilstein because my neighbor and
friend works there. (poway) But those DT shocks are cheap and Im all for
supporting local business.
KH

Old June 15th 05, 05:33 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Sounds American to me.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old June 16th 05, 01:09 AM
SoK66

Pro Comp stuff tends to be cheap offshore sourced knock-off of more quality
products. In the end you get what you pay for. They may be better now, but
the Pro Comp suspensions I've driven or rode in were very stiff and didn;t
flex well at all on the trails.

Rubicon Express used to source Doetsch Tech shocks with their kits and they
seemed to match up well. Until I switched over to Bilsteins I ran a set of
DT 8000s on my YJ and thought they were great. Unfortunately they were 2.5"
diameter housings which interfererd with suspension travel. I swapped them
out for Bilsteins 5125s & 5150s which have about the same
compression/rebound specs but in a 2" diameter housing.

Old June 16th 05, 02:01 AM
Jerry Bransford

The ProComp springs are actually very high quality and have a spring
rate that lots of the more hardcore types like. I agree on the rest of
the stuff though their MX-6 shocks are also very good quality shocks.
Their arms are crapola.

Jerry

cooling site tim VW air cooled 13 January 27th 05 04:33 AM
Question Caravan all wheel drive shields Dodge 2 May 18th 04 01:30 AM
For the Volvo aficionado's....:)) Exit 4x4 174 January 10th 04 06:22 PM