Chysler Hemi; A disaster?

Old December 17th 04, 01:19 AM
Tigger

Default Chysler Hemi; A disaster?

I took delivery of a 2005 GC Limited w/ HEMI(R) MDS. I am not pleased
and not sure i want to fight it out with the dealer and chrysler or
not.

Upon leaving the dealer: engine light came on and stayed on. Hesitation
during normal exceleration.
Dealer kept truck for 1.5 days and had the hole top of the motor apart
and the chrsyler engineers on the phone. They chalked it up to a chafed
wire connected to the MDS system. well i got my new jeep back and im
very very upset.

yes it has monster power but it has these hesitations throughout
exceleration that drive me nuts. They are not obvious jerk u back and
forth hesitations. They are an unevenness in applyed power through
exceleration. I HATE it. makes me feel like its not put together
correctly. My wife has an escalade with a 345hp engine that is smooth
as silk through power application. My HEMI is more like a 2 stroke
kawasaki as it has high spots and low spots in power application from
1700 all the way up through 4000rps. I'm sorry guys im sure my
terminoligy is not the best. I'm bummed. I love the truck. just started
searching the groups to see if anyone else has the same problem.

Old December 17th 04, 03:24 PM
THOR

".....My HEMI is more like a 2 stroke kawasaki as it has high spots and low
spots in power application from 1700 all the way up through 4000rps. I'm
sorry guys im sure my terminology is not the best. I'm bummed.....

So, are we just talking about flat spots in the acceleration curve? Or is
the throttle response non linear? Does it really "come on" at a certain
rpm?"

Are you looking for massive low end torque or what?

No offense my good man, but improper dealer pdi (preparation) and delivery
has once again created another "automotive hypochondriac" . I have seen
this before. You will now constantly be on the alert for any real or
perceived problems with this Jeep forever.

It could have been a Ford, Chevy or any other vehicle. The fact that it was
a Jeep does not matter.

Improper delivery creates dissatisfaction on a permanent basis. Sorry it
happened to you.

Old December 21st 04, 10:31 PM
BeverlyOmasta

> Load it up with cans of gasoline,find a nice cliff and film it going
>over and bursting into flames.Sell the footage to any news,reality show
>that will pay.
> Buy yerself a Ford (or Mercury)
> Best J.Coug

ROFLAMO!

The HEMI Luke Smith 4x4 14 January 3rd 05 04:31 AM
HEMI's HOT Luke Smith Driving 208 December 19th 04 05:27 PM
FS 1953 Hemi Dodge Coronet Dodge 0 October 11th 04 07:33 PM