Goodbye Saturn!!! :D

Old June 2nd 04, 05:52 AM
GoAwAy669

Default Goodbye Saturn!!! :D

As of June 1st, I have officially preordered a 2005 Mustang GT, leather seats
and all! Comes in early September. No more Saturn for me!
My modified 1991 Saturn SL2 has been a bit of a roller coaster ride, lots of
breakage, lots of problems, but I still had some great times with that car.
Thanks for all the help this newsgroup brought me.

http://members.aol.com/goaway669/

Old June 2nd 04, 11:45 AM
marx404

Sorry to see you go. I saw the '05 'Stang at the auto show, it sure is nice
looking.
Did you go for the 6 or 8 cyl?

marx404

Old June 2nd 04, 03:24 PM
Jonnie Santos

Nothing like displacement - sounds like fun - congrats!

Old June 3rd 04, 01:16 AM
Napalm Heart

"marx404" > wrote in message
> Sorry to see you go. I saw the '05 'Stang at the auto show, it sure

is nice
> looking.
> Did you go for the 6 or 8 cyl?
>
> marx404

Can you get a GT without the 8 cylinder?

Ken

Old June 3rd 04, 07:03 PM
GoAwAy669

Got the GT - V8.
To get the GT badge, you need the V8.
Old June 4th 04, 04:36 AM
Dan Duncan

GoAwAy669 > wrote:
> Got the GT - V8.
> To get the GT badge, you need the V8.

At least they sell the GT with a manual transmission.

-DanD

--
# Dan Duncan (kd4igw) http://pcisys.net/~dand
# A dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Old June 6th 04, 12:19 PM
GoAwAy669

>At least they sell the GT with a manual transmission.
>
>-DanD

(confused look) Why wouldn't they!? Perhaps you are referring to the Saturn
L300 V6, which only comes with an auto? I always thought that was a mistake.
Old June 6th 04, 03:50 PM
Dan Duncan

GoAwAy669 > wrote:
> >At least they sell the GT with a manual transmission.

> (confused look) Why wouldn't they!? Perhaps you are referring to the Saturn
> L300 V6, which only comes with an auto? I always thought that was a mistake.

You'd be surprised how many car manufacturers are only offering their
high end cars with an automatic in the US.

-DanD

--
# Dan Duncan (kd4igw) http://pcisys.net/~dand
# The history of human opinion is scarcely anything more than the history of
Old June 6th 04, 05:12 PM
richard hornsby

Dan Duncan wrote:
> You'd be surprised how many car manufacturers are only offering their
> high end cars with an automatic in the US.

No offense to those who drive high-end cars, but considering how many
"high-end" drivers have more important things to do besides driving, I'm
not surprised. A manual transmission would almost force them to put
down their damn phones/PDAs/etc and actually drive.

/rant
Old June 6th 04, 08:14 PM
Jonnie Santos

Even without the toys (distractions) drivers in my area are challenging.
Slowing to an almost-stop on a 4-lane road looking for an address (I'm
guessing), changing lanes in front of you-no signal-then slowing down. And
my fave is the Soccer Mom's in SUV's driving like 17 year old boys and their
first car.