Touch/Feel warning options coming to cars...

Old September 6th 05, 09:11 PM
BE

Default Touch/Feel warning options coming to cars...

http://checkoway.com/url/?s=5d7ba131

Drivers will soon be able to feel their way through traffic with the help of
a vibrating car that sends warnings about impending danger by stimulating
the sense of touch.

Scientists at Oxford University are working with a Japanese car manufacturer
to design vehicles with tactile warning alarms built in to the seat,
seatbelt, steering wheel and even foot pedals.

The aim is to send vibrations to sensitive parts of a driver's body so that
they can be warned of possible danger within a fraction of a second of it
being detected by the car's computer.

What they will vibrate when the computer's "hot woman sensor" detects a
"Good looking woman off to the right".

Old September 7th 05, 05:53 AM
Scott en Aztlán

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 20:11:20 GMT, "BE" > wrote:

>http://checkoway.com/url/?s=5d7ba131
>
>Drivers will soon be able to feel their way through traffic with the help of
>a vibrating car that sends warnings about impending danger by stimulating
>the sense of touch.
>
>Scientists at Oxford University are working with a Japanese car manufacturer
>to design vehicles with tactile warning alarms built in to the seat,
>seatbelt, steering wheel and even foot pedals.
>
>The aim is to send vibrations to sensitive parts of a driver's body so that
>they can be warned of possible danger within a fraction of a second of it
>being detected by the car's computer.
>
>What they will vibrate when the computer's "hot woman sensor" detects a
>"Good looking woman off to the right".

The "Ben Wah Seat" option looks to be especially popular with the
ladies...

Old September 7th 05, 06:29 AM
laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 20:11:20 GMT, "BE" > wrote:

>http://checkoway.com/url/?s=5d7ba131
>
>Drivers will soon be able to feel their way through traffic with the help of
>a vibrating car that sends warnings about impending danger by stimulating
>the sense of touch.
>
>Scientists at Oxford University are working with a Japanese car manufacturer
>to design vehicles with tactile warning alarms built in to the seat,
>seatbelt, steering wheel and even foot pedals.
>
>The aim is to send vibrations to sensitive parts of a driver's body so that
>they can be warned of possible danger within a fraction of a second of it
>being detected by the car's computer.
>
>What they will vibrate when the computer's "hot woman sensor" detects a
>"Good looking woman off to the right".

And it will only cost another $2,000. What a scam. If we really
cared about highway safety we'd have lower speed limits and prison
time for speeders, DUIs and red light runners.
Old September 7th 05, 07:16 AM
David W. Poole, Jr.

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 05:29:39 GMT, laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE
> was understood to have stated the following:

>And it will only cost another $2,000. What a scam. If we really
>cared about highway safety we'd have lower speed limits and prison
>time for speeders, DUIs and red light runners.

Sorry, the senate will never push for stricter sentences for DUIers
while Teddy's in office.

Old September 7th 05, 08:15 AM
Polish Prince \(Szynka\)

The guy has a Legacy.

Old September 7th 05, 06:03 PM
Bill Marcum

["Followup-To:" header set to alt.politics.]
On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 02:16:21 -0400, David W. Poole, Jr.
> wrote:
> On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 05:29:39 GMT, laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE
> was understood to have stated the following:
>

>>And it will only cost another $2,000. What a scam. If we really
>>cared about highway safety we'd have lower speed limits and prison
>>time for speeders, DUIs and red light runners.

> Sorry, the senate will never push for stricter sentences for DUIers
> while Teddy's in office.

DUI penalties are a matter of state law, and the laws have become much
stricter in most states.

--
Atlanta makes it against the law to tie a giraffe to a telephone pole
or street lamp.
Old September 8th 05, 04:51 AM
John David Galt

David W. Poole, Jr. wrote:
> Sorry, the senate will never push for stricter sentences for DUIers
> while Teddy's in office.

Why wouldn't they? Teddy's immune. It's just like Smart Growth -- the
snobs who vote to allow only condos to be built already own nice houses,
so they don't ever have to worry about being subject to their own laws.
Old September 15th 05, 03:00 PM
Erik Meltzer

Hi!

BE wrote:
> Drivers will soon be able to feel their way through traffic with the help of
> a vibrating car that sends warnings about impending danger by stimulating
> the sense of touch.
>
> Scientists at Oxford University are working with a Japanese car manufacturer
> to design vehicles with tactile warning alarms built in to the seat,
> seatbelt, steering wheel and even foot pedals.

It's already here. The Citroen C5 warns by vibrating the
driver's seat if you cross a white line without the
corresponding turnblinker on. It's an option, but not
an outrageously expensive one (couple hundred Euros), and
I think standard equipment on the higher trim levels.
And of course, it can be switched off.

Yours,
Erik.
--
"I don't want to start any blasphemous rumours
But I think that God's got a sick sense of humour

Chinese Cars are Coming! Chinese Cars are Coming! Ken Pisichko Chrysler 26 January 29th 05 02:48 PM
528i vs 530i vs 540i USA Versions FSJ BMW 37 January 16th 05 07:38 PM
HEMI's HOT Luke Smith Driving 208 December 19th 04 06:27 PM
Backup warning beeper accessory for cars Quiet Voice 4x4 3 November 11th 04 03:54 AM