Dear Tard

Old December 21st 04, 01:18 PM
Dave Head

Default Dear Tard

Wow, what a "me first" attititude. Don't you know you should let the poor SOB
out so you too can be screwed, like everyone wants me to be while driving in
the right lane and dealing with cars pulling out and cars braking to turn and
bicyclists to run over and joggers to run over and slower drivers to maybe get
trapped behind during high(er) congestion times like "drive home" time (its
still pretty light - hard to call it a "rush") and etc.

C'mon, put yourself 2nd, let the schmuck out in front of you! It doesn't
matter that you get home 20 minutes later than you otherwise would. C'mon...

Hey, wait a minute - if he's signaling to _you_ to get into the "passing" lane
this must mean... that _you're_ driving in the passing lane... wow. You mean
you _didn't_ immediately jump in behind this slower car (as you would have me
do) as soon as you could, so that he doesn't even _have_ to put on his turn
signal to "ask" you to get in the left lane?????? Hell, virtually everyone
else on _my_ road is _slower_ than me, yet you want me to jump in behind 'em.

Yeah, you're driving just like me. I _knew_ it, but this is the 1st real
evidence...

DPH

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 21:28:37 -0800, Scott en Aztlán

Old December 21st 04, 01:18 PM
Dave Head

Old December 21st 04, 03:23 PM
Olaf Gustafson

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 13:18:18 GMT, Dave Head > wrote:

>Wow, what a "me first" attititude. Don't you know you should let the poor SOB
>out so you too can be screwed, like everyone wants me to be

You mean like you want everyone else to be?

Old December 21st 04, 03:23 PM
Olaf Gustafson

Old December 21st 04, 11:17 PM
Garth Almgren

Around 12/21/2004 5:18 AM, Dave Head wrote:

> like everyone wants me to be while driving in
> the right lane

While you're at it, you can also knock off the top-posting.

> and dealing with cars pulling out and cars braking to turn and
> bicyclists to run over and joggers to run over

You must have Interstates unlike any that anyone has ever seen if you
have all that stuff happening to you.

With the exception of the occasional cop pulling into a U-turn, none of
the limited access roads I've seen ever has any of that kind of thing
happening.

Care to try any other fallacious rationalizations?

> Hey, wait a minute - if he's signaling to _you_ to get into the "passing" lane
> this must mean...

That he's actively passing the person who is signaling.

Wow, proper usage of the passing lane. What a revolutionary concept.

--
~/Garth |"I believe that it is better to tell the truth than a lie.
Almgren | I believe it is better to be free than to be a slave.
Old December 21st 04, 11:17 PM
Garth Almgren

Old December 21st 04, 11:27 PM
Dave Head

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 15:17:01 -0800, Garth Almgren > wrote:

>Around 12/21/2004 5:18 AM, Dave Head wrote:
>
>> like everyone wants me to be while driving in
>> the right lane

>While you're at it, you can also knock off the top-posting.

That's not gonna happen, either. Hey - it'll give someone else another
triviality to whine about, and thus make usenet even more fun!

>> and dealing with cars pulling out and cars braking to turn and
>> bicyclists to run over and joggers to run over

>You must have Interstates unlike any that anyone has ever seen if you
>have all that stuff happening to you.

I keep saying - its Rt 3 east of Fredericksburg, Va. That is _not_ an
interstate.

>With the exception of the occasional cop pulling into a U-turn, none of
>the limited access roads I've seen ever has any of that kind of thing
>happening.

It ain't even limited access - which is what makes the left lane so desirable.
Lotsa dangerous **** going on in the right lane...

>Care to try any other fallacious rationalizations?

Care to pay attention?

>> Hey, wait a minute - if he's signaling to _you_ to get into the "passing" lane
>> this must mean...

>That he's actively passing the person who is signaling.

So'm I.

DPH
Old December 21st 04, 11:27 PM
Dave Head

Old December 22nd 04, 03:34 AM
Garth Almgren

Around 12/21/2004 3:27 PM, Dave Head wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 15:17:01 -0800, Garth Almgren > wrote:
>

>>Around 12/21/2004 5:18 AM, Dave Head wrote:
>>
>>>and dealing with cars pulling out and cars braking to turn and
>>>bicyclists to run over and joggers to run over

>>You must have Interstates unlike any that anyone has ever seen if you
>>have all that stuff happening to you.

> I keep saying - its Rt 3 east of Fredericksburg, Va. That is _not_ an
> interstate.

Even so, your rationalizations are still just that. Not even good
rationalizations, since all they boil down to is irrational fear.

>>With the exception of the occasional cop pulling into a U-turn, none of
>>the limited access roads I've seen ever has any of that kind of thing
>>happening.

> It ain't even limited access - which is what makes the left lane so desirable.
> Lotsa dangerous **** going on in the right lane...

Is there *any* aspect of driving that doesn't frighten you?

>>Care to try any other fallacious rationalizations?

> Care to pay attention?

That's funny, coming from an oblivious LLB.

>>>Hey, wait a minute - if he's signaling to _you_ to get into the "passing" lane
>>>this must mean...

>>That he's actively passing the person who is signaling.

> So'm I.

See, that right there is where lying will get you into trouble.

No, you're *not* actively passing - not if, as you said, "THEY CAN
ALWAYS PASS ME ON THE RIGHT, LUNKHEAD!!!!"

Old December 22nd 04, 03:34 AM
Garth Almgren

Dear Santa, John Harlow Driving 2 December 7th 04 07:34 PM
Dear fellow Alfisti an MG question! p Alfa Romeo 5 July 29th 04 07:04 PM
Dear god.... Ypnos Alfa Romeo 4 June 30th 04 08:58 PM