Magnum RT Fuel Mileage

Old October 22nd 04, 09:48 PM
Luke

Wicked96SS > wrote in message >...
> On 20 Oct 2004, AntwainBarbour wrote:
>

> > Dan > wrote in message >. ..
> > > Yes, it's about what I expected. I can live with 18 mpg around town.
> > > The tank holds 19 gallons. I'm going on a road trip this weekend, and
> > > I'll report the hiwaay mileage next week. YMMV.
> > >
> > > One thing I didn't expect is that an oil change requires a full 7
> > > quarts of oil if you change the filter. Using synthetic like I do,
> > > this runs up the cost of an oil change quite a bit. Dodge recommends
> > > 5W20, and the synthetic equivalent appears to be 0W20. How you get
> > > oil to be "zero" weight is beyond me.

> > I'll be interested to hear what the highway mileage is. I do a lot of
> > driving and this sorta stuff is important to me. I first became
> > interested by the car's looks though and its storage capacity. Anyone
> > else like this?

> I too have been won over by the combination of storage / performance and
> looks. I will probably be giving up a Fullsize truck to get a Magnum, so
> the storage was important (albiet less). Currently my truck gets 14.5 MPG
> in the city, so 18 would be great news!
>
> Although I am wondering about the gas mileage of the AWD version, I am
> sure it will be slightly less, or at least I assume so.

When does the AWD version come out? I would be willing to bet that it
still gets good mileage.
Old October 23rd 04, 12:28 AM
James C. Reeves

"Luke" > wrote in message
om...
| Wicked96SS > wrote in message
| > On 20 Oct 2004, AntwainBarbour wrote:
| >

| > > Dan > wrote in message
>. ..

| > > I'll be interested to hear what the highway mileage is. I do a lot of
| > > driving and this sorta stuff is important to me. I first became
| > > interested by the car's looks though and its storage capacity. Anyone
| > > else like this?
| >
| > I too have been won over by the combination of storage / performance and
| > looks. I will probably be giving up a Fullsize truck to get a Magnum, so
| > the storage was important (albiet less). Currently my truck gets 14.5 MPG
| > in the city, so 18 would be great news!
| >
| > Although I am wondering about the gas mileage of the AWD version, I am
| > sure it will be slightly less, or at least I assume so.
|

| When does the AWD version come out? I would be willing to bet that it
| still gets good mileage.

The local Dodge dealer is taking orders now.

Old October 23rd 04, 12:28 AM
James C. Reeves

om...

Old October 25th 04, 04:45 AM
Joe

Dan, I've lost all the respect I never had for you.

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 12:43:11 -0500, Dan C
> wrote:

>Well, you obviously don't. Where do you think the CEO of Nissan lives?
>America? Fool.

I'm concerned about which International Fatcat Industrialist gets
fatter?
No.
I work for a living... I'm concerned about the people around *me*.
I want the people in my neighborhood, my friends & my family to have
jobs.

Some of these jobs in my community are in jobshops. These jobshops
used to make contract parts for certain American companies. These
same American companies now have their parts made elsewhere in the
world. Follow me so far?

Guess who has contracted with the jobshops, these American-Mom-and Pop
machine shops and forges, to make auto parts?
Maybe German owned Daimler-Chrysler? Not.

Did you know that before Chrysler was bought by the Germans they had
Mitsubishi engines?

>You're "defensive about patriotism", but you buy Japanese vehicles, and
>put money in foreigner's pockets. Makes a lot of sense. Wait a minute,
>I've got it - you work on the Kerry campaign! Right?

The emigrating American companies were greatly assisted by your idol
and his daddy George the First.
Now the *******s have our asses buried in ****.
Are you a member of the Tu Bush Klan?

And you call me the fool! Look around you, Redneck.
Old October 25th 04, 04:45 AM
Joe

Old October 26th 04, 01:20 AM
James C. Reeves

Your post talks in complete circles...full of glaring contridictions. I'm
unclear as to what point you were trying to make.

Old October 26th 04, 01:20 AM
James C. Reeves

Old October 30th 04, 02:47 PM
GRL

That seems very high.

Please describe what you mean by "in-town".

The problem with "in town" numbers as posted by individuals is that it is
open to such wide interpretation as to what "in town" means. We'll have to
wait for Consumer Reports to run their test protocol to have a defined
number comparable with other cars and I'm betting their city number will be
in the 12 to 14 mpg range for the "Hemi" and not much better for the other
flavors. This is a big/heavy car and the "Hemi" is a big/powerful engine. It
will be a gas hog in city driving. Hope I'm wrong; strongly doubt it.

George Litwinski

Old October 30th 04, 02:47 PM
GRL