New rFactor Screenshots

Old January 11th 05, 11:22 PM
David G Fisher

Default New rFactor Screenshots

I didn't know F1 cars would be included with rFactor when it's released.
These should be a thrill to drive on the limit with the new game engine. :-)

http://www.bhmotorsports.com/RFAC/screenshots
--
David G Fisher

Old January 11th 05, 11:44 PM
Mike Beauchamp

I'm still callin' it a higher budget version of LFS with way too much
bumpmapping.

Mike
http://mikebeauchamp.com

Old January 12th 05, 12:08 AM
David G Fisher

It may be that, but it will also be the best sim yet.

--
David G Fisher

Old January 12th 05, 01:58 AM
ymenard

>"David G Fisher" > wrote
> It may be that, but it will also be the best sim yet.

Where's the real tracks? real cars?

--
-- François Ménard <ymenard>
-- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez

Old January 12th 05, 03:45 AM
Damien Smith

> It may be that, but it will also be the best sim yet.

Albeit a very general auto simulation rather than a specific one. The
screenshots only show "F1" cars rather than F1 cars.

Old January 12th 05, 04:12 AM
David G Fisher

"ymenard" > wrote in message
. ..
> >"David G Fisher" > wrote
> > It may be that, but it will also be the best sim yet.

> Where's the real tracks? real cars?

Why do we have to go through this cherade?

They'll be there five minutes after the sim is released, and you know that

I guess they could pay a **** load of money in order to put a licensed paint
job (with all the pretty ads for garbage) on just one type of car, for one
series, to make guys like you happy. Maybe they could make another F1 sim
with restrictions on multiplay so then we could hear guys bitching about how
it's not good enough and nobody does it as good as
Papy.....blah...blah....blah.? Isn't the NASCAR license unavailable? Did you
want them to do a series that nobody really cares about just so they can
claim the cars have a real paint job?

--
David G Fisher

Old January 12th 05, 04:16 AM
Bruce Kennewell

God, you pedants are so-o-o-o sad!

BK

Old January 12th 05, 06:09 AM
ymenard

>"David G Fisher" > wrote
> Why do we have to go through this cherade?

'cause it's much more fun to race in you know, real cars on real tracks?

> They'll be there five minutes after the sim is released, and you know that

I'm actually not sure this time, unless they want easy cheating online.
It's a catch-22 here.

> I guess they could pay a **** load of money in order to put a licensed
> paint
> job (with all the pretty ads for garbage) on just one type of car, for one
> series, to make guys like you happy.

Nah. Real cars don't have to be expensive. Just model stuff that is easy
to license. Not Ferrari, but hey why not an old LOTUS, or a Formula Ford,
etc.. Same for tracks, they are cheap.

Old January 12th 05, 06:49 AM
Bruce Kennewell

Charade.

BK

Old January 12th 05, 06:50 AM
David G Fisher

"ymenard" > wrote in message
> >"David G Fisher" > wrote
> > Why do we have to go through this cherade?

> 'cause it's much more fun to race in you know, real cars on real tracks?

All the road racing I do online right now is on user created tracks with
user created cars. Guess which sim is the base?

> > They'll be there five minutes after the sim is released, and you know

that

> I'm actually not sure this time, unless they want easy cheating online.
> It's a catch-22 here.

Why?

> > I guess they could pay a **** load of money in order to put a licensed
> > paint
> > job (with all the pretty ads for garbage) on just one type of car, for

one
> > series, to make guys like you happy.

> Nah. Real cars don't have to be expensive. Just model stuff that is easy
> to license. Not Ferrari, but hey why not an old LOTUS, or a Formula Ford,
> etc.. Same for tracks, they are cheap.

So they model an old Lotus, on some real but obscure tracks. What does that
change? I will still immediately want the F1 and modern sports cars, along
with all the well known tracks that are available for F1C. The old Lotus
(that had to be paid for) sits in the garage, and the obscure tracks (that
had to be paid for) are ignored, and they haven't made the sim any more
legitimate. Great physics, graphics, sound and multiplay is what I want.
--
David G Fisher