F1 dissing women drivers now ?

Old June 23rd 05, 04:47 AM
rms

Default F1 dissing women drivers now ?

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Danica Patrick is upset at Formula One boss Bernie
Ecclestone and confused by his comments likening women to "domestic
appliances."

URL:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?cnn=yes

A lot of PR gaffes lately, indicating large underlying problems it seems to
me.

rms

Old June 23rd 05, 06:43 AM
B Wegner

He's just a moron. BTW, you don't have to be rich to say what you think - you just have to have balls.

Wag
"Andrew MacPherson" > wrote in message dress_disguised...
In article >,
(rms) wrote:

> Bernie Ecclestone and confused by his comments likening
> women to "domestic appliances."

Bernie has never won any personality contests that I'm aware of. And he's
rich enough not to have to worry about being politically correct. Such is
life.

Andrew McP
Old June 23rd 05, 09:35 AM
Bruce Kennewell

"Domestic appliances"?!! LOL!!
Best definition I've heard in decades!

Bruce.
(Bring back the 1960's!)

Old June 23rd 05, 01:00 PM
No One

rms wrote:
> INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Danica Patrick is upset at Formula One boss Bernie
> Ecclestone and confused by his comments likening women to "domestic
> appliances."
>
> URL:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?cnn=yes
>
> A lot of PR gaffes lately, indicating large underlying problems it seems to
> me.

He has a right to speak his mind. You have a right not to listen.
Old June 23rd 05, 01:14 PM
alex martini

Sadly Bernie shares something with the american public - an absolute
ignorance of this woman's achievements before the Indy 500 - like starring
in the FF Festival in Britain a few years ago against the best in the
world - anyone who knows **** about racing knew then she was going to hace a
career and actually, being so small, light, and with F1 cars the way they
are (finesse, not muscle) she would be an ideal candidate for one of those
cars. Pity F1 has its ass buried so deep they don't understand what an
opportunity a femal American driver in F1 would be.

And, btw, given a choice between FREE_SACKER and Albers and those twits at
Jordan, I know where my money would be.

Old June 23rd 05, 03:43 PM
Alan Bernardo

>> Bernie Ecclestone and confused by his comments likening
>> women to "domestic appliances."

I think the guy was making fun of Americans and our treatment of women, or
at least how we want to pretend that women in America are on equal footing
with men.

Alanb

Old June 23rd 05, 04:52 PM
Darus

When it comes to Bernie, I <don't> think that is what he meant!

Old June 23rd 05, 05:57 PM
Alan Bernardo

"Darus" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> When it comes to Bernie, I <don't> think that is what he meant!

I disagree. I think it was a joke, preying on America's long-lasting fetish
for domesticating women.

Alanb

Old June 23rd 05, 06:33 PM
Tim O

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 12:00:01 GMT, No One >
wrote:

>He has a right to speak his mind. You have a right not to listen.

I agree with this as political correctness irritates me, though this
might just fall more toward lacking tact. I do find it odd that he
chose to say it about a woman driver that appears to be the real deal
and to CALL HER to say those things. Wasn't like she was seeking an F1
ride and looked him up.

I'm not a fan of IRL either, but Danica has bigger balls than many of
the F1 drivers. They were scared to the point of protest by Indy when
F1 first came back, even though the terminal velocity of the F1 cars
would have been lower than the speed the IRL cars run lap after lap,
they were ****ing their pants over the wall.

Ecclestone should at least have the sense to lay low until he gets his
own mess under control.

The Nation's Worst Drivers [email protected] Ford Mustang 22 May 31st 05 01:56 AM
Drives me crazy MidnightDad Driving 35 April 26th 05 03:05 AM
SUV drivers MidnightDad Driving 60 April 1st 05 08:03 PM
Women drivers Andrew Technology 0 February 21st 05 03:12 AM
Flashpoint Racing Series begins tonight! [email protected] Simulators 34 February 18th 05 02:37 AM