V6 Malibu performs better in warm/hot weather

Old June 2nd 05, 06:58 PM
Rob

Default V6 Malibu performs better in warm/hot weather

My 2000 Malibu V6 performs much better in warm to hot temperatures then
on cool/cold days. Better acceleration and power and overall smoother
sounding engine. There's about 92000 km on the car now. Anyone have any
idea of what might give this?

Old June 3rd 05, 09:35 AM
Al Haunts

On 2 Jun 2005 10:58:57 -0700, "Rob" > wrote:

>My 2000 Malibu V6 performs much better in warm to hot temperatures then
>on cool/cold days. Better acceleration and power and overall smoother
>sounding engine. There's about 92000 km on the car now. Anyone have any
>idea of what might give this?

Any codes set by the PCM?? Does the 'Check Engine' light come on??

Is this condition only when the car is still warming-up on cold days??

I'd start by checking the IAT & coolant temp sensors. If either have
gone flakey, your injectors will deliver an inappropriate amount of
fuel.

Regards, Al.

Old June 3rd 05, 02:05 PM
Mike Walsh

Could be that the spark plugs foul in cold weather. When I live in the frozen north I sometimes used spark plugs a step hotter than the factory recommended it the winter for much improved driveability.

--
Mike Walsh
West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.