Jeep Carpet Recylcing

Old June 8th 06, 12:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Jeep Carpet Recylcing

Hi all,

I've just removed the carpet from my new (to me) 99 XJ. I really have no
use for the carpet as it only promotes rusty floorboards around here.

Does anybody know of anyway to recycle the carpeting? Perhaps there are
carpet recyclers who would take it.

Alternatively, if anyone is looking for a carpet for their Cherokee, that's
in pretty good condition, they are more than welcome to it.

I just feel awfull about the thought of putting it in landfill.

RAC

Old June 8th 06, 03:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Post it on craigs list or ebay or some such. I sold the carpet kit out of my TJ
years back via this list.
-jenn

Old June 8th 06, 05:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

I take out the carpet every summer, let the floor dry completely out, and
touch up any areas that are losing paint. This works for me in sunny
Colorado. I don't know how well it would work where you are.

Keep your carpet until you are ready to sell the vehicle. Then put it back
in.

Earle

. ..

Old June 8th 06, 10:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

What color?

. ..

Old June 9th 06, 02:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Dark grey

. com...

Old June 9th 06, 02:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Thanks but I plan on getting rid of the carpet either way. I'm more
interested in simple utility than sport or luxury. First i'm going to fix
the rusty spots and pin holes; then I'm going to apply a rubber-ish liner
like rhino liner. My truck is nearly spotless except for the floorboards.
Once that wooly insulation gets wet it never dries out and just holds the
moisture next to the metal.

RAC

.. .

Old June 9th 06, 04:07 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Rac,

I may be interested. How much including shipping to Madison, WI 53714 ?

Brian