Question on Lexus LS430 GPS system-cannot read GPS CD in computer

Old January 20th 05, 10:32 PM

Default Question on Lexus LS430 GPS system-cannot read GPS CD in computer

Question on Lexus LS430 GPS system-cannot read GPS CD in computer

Friend has the 2004 model of this car with GPS system. Comes with a CD
that is supposed to be played on a computer. He tried 2x on a 2 new
PC's has had no luck. It just stops and freezes.

He got a new CD from Lexus but same thing.
Do you know who makes the GPS unit and hence the CD?

Thanks, Patty

Old January 31st 05, 01:18 AM
Tobee

Hi...That's a Dvd that may not be accesible on a PC based system. The
system and DVD software is made by Denso Corp.

<http://www.densocorp-na.com/sae2001/pr/Worldwide_Navigation.asp>

Tobee

wrote:

writes:

> > Question on Lexus LS430 GPS system-cannot read GPS CD in computer
> >
> > Friend has the 2004 model of this car with GPS system. Comes with a

CD
> > that is supposed to be played on a computer. He tried 2x on a 2 new
> > PC's has had no luck. It just stops and freezes.
> >
> > He got a new CD from Lexus but same thing.
> > Do you know who makes the GPS unit and hence the CD?
> >
> > Thanks, Patty
> >

> I don't suppose that this is a special-purpose CD designed to
> be used only in the car, is it? Perhaps putting it in the car
> CD player would yield better results.
>
> In fact, are you sure it's not a DVD? From
> <http://www.yenra.com/lexus-ls430/>,
>
> "The available DVD-based Lexus Navigation System offers faster
> performance and far greater map data capacity than CD-ROM systems

(one