American Car Makes

Old June 17th 05, 02:51 AM
Dave Lister

"James C. Reeves" > wrote in
:

> "Daniel J. Stern" > wrote in message
> n.umich.edu...

>>> I have a question. Why spend the dollars and human resources
>>> detaining these people if there wasn't good reason to? There would
>>> be no point at all in doing so, would there?

>> James, that is an *excellent* impression you do of Dick "We promise
>> we only keep bad guys there" Cheney.

> Perhaps, but it doesn't answer the question. Hitler made no bones
> about his views of German superiority over the Jews..a group that had
> not previously shown animosity to Germany...the result of the events
> in history regarding the concentration camps (starvation, gas
> chambers, furnaces burning people alive, etc.) was predictable with a
> leader like that. I've not seen that sort of contempt against Moslems
> from our leaders (only perhaps the radical Moslems that have stated
> their intent to destroy western culture...but we still show them
> deference when detained..allowing them they're prayer time, etc.).
> Gitmo and the things that go on there are hardly comparable...not even
> close. In fact, some guards have been punished for mistreating the
> detainees. Why isn't there even 10% of same outcry aimed to the other
> side...where the "guards" are masked/hooded, looming over a prisoner
> (sometimes also hooded) and who post their beheadings on the Internet.
> Please get this all into context...for pete's sake?!

Who do you and your ilk think that what the terrorists do justifies
gutting the ethics of the Unites States?

--
Republican Health Plan: Don't Get Sick

Guantanamo: The Gulag of Our Time

Old June 17th 05, 05:02 AM
The Man Behind The Curtain (formerly The Lindbergh

Dave Lister wrote:

> I just don't get what they think they have been doing.

Which is why I don't cry when I read about them going under. It's
amazing they're still around. People in the U.S. supposedly worship the
free market. Well, the free market has decided the U.S. produces junk.
And, with the tariffs on foreign cars, it's hardly "free" anyway, yet
people would still rather pay extra and get better quality and styling
and handling. You can't even save the American auto industry through
protectionism anymore.

John

Old June 17th 05, 04:17 PM
C. E. White

Dave Lister wrote:

> "C. E. White" > wrote in news:42B1B345.90917013
> @nospam.com:
>

> > Dave Lister wrote:
> >>
> >> 223rem > wrote in newsxVre.3555$on5.1600
> >> @newssvr19.news.prodigy.com:

> >> The people in US jails have been tried and convicted of a crime, loon.

> > Not all of them. Lots of people are in jail awaiting
> > trial....

> Not for three fricken years, and not without due process in progress.

You might talk to Americans of Japanese decent locked up
during W.W.II about that. How many US citizens are locked up
at Guantanamo? How serious are the abuses at Guantanamo
compared to past abuses committed by the US government on US
citizens in the US?

I don't particularly like the idea of locking up foreign
nationals. I also don't like the idea of foreign nationals
strapping bombs to themselves and trying to blow up US
soldiers, or hijacking airplanes and crashing them into
buildings.

I probably could live with having a few hundred foreign
nationals locked up at Guantanamo if I though W was actually
going to solve the problems that initially made it
necessary. But W is not exactly a confidence inspiring kind
of guy.

Ed
Old June 17th 05, 05:16 PM
Dave Lister

"C. E. White" > wrote in
:

> Dave Lister wrote:
>>
>> "C. E. White" > wrote in news:42B1B345.90917013
>> @nospam.com:

>> > Not all of them. Lots of people are in jail awaiting
>> > trial....

>> Not for three fricken years, and not without due process in progress.

> You might talk to Americans of Japanese decent locked up
> during W.W.II about that. How many US citizens are locked up
> at Guantanamo? How serious are the abuses at Guantanamo
> compared to past abuses committed by the US government on US
> citizens in the US?

I have friends here in CA whose parents were just that. What went on
then is _irrelevant_.

Old June 17th 05, 05:57 PM
C. E. White

"The Man Behind The Curtain (formerly The Lindbergh Baby)"
wrote:

> Dave Lister wrote:
>
> > I just don't get what they think they have been doing.

> Which is why I don't cry when I read about them going under. It's
> amazing they're still around. People in the U.S. supposedly worship the
> free market. Well, the free market has decided the U.S. produces junk.
> And, with the tariffs on foreign cars, it's hardly "free" anyway, yet
> people would still rather pay extra and get better quality and styling
> and handling. You can't even save the American auto industry through
> protectionism anymore.
>
> John

What tariffs on foreign cars (at least the ones coming into
the USA)?

Ed
Old June 18th 05, 12:01 AM
DTJ

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 21:35:45 -0400, "James C. Reeves"
> wrote:

>My guess is that Lister doesn't have family defending liberty for people in
>the world. It does get under your skin when one does have family in Iraq,
>like I do, to hear people like this freely exercising their right to bash
>the very people that protect the institutions that give them the right.
>Hard to understand, for sure.

As a comparison, I still have yet to KF judy, but lister is so ****ed
up I had to do it. It must suck to know that even judy has more
redeeming qualities than he/she/it does.
Old June 18th 05, 12:03 AM
DTJ

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 01:49:17 GMT, Arif Khokar >
wrote:

>James C. Reeves wrote:
>
>> My guess is that Lister doesn't have family defending liberty for people in
>> the world.

>I thought the objective of having armed forces was to defend our
>country, not go around liberating other people.

You are a ****ing moselem idiot, which means they are NOT YOUR ARMED
FORCES.

Old June 18th 05, 12:11 AM
Dave Lister

DTJ > wrote in
:

The poor little Nazi worries about other people being ****ed up?

Old June 18th 05, 12:12 AM
Dave Lister

DTJ > wrote in
:

> On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 01:49:17 GMT, Arif Khokar >
> wrote:
>
>>James C. Reeves wrote:
>>
>>> My guess is that Lister doesn't have family defending liberty for
>>> people in the world.

>>I thought the objective of having armed forces was to defend our
>>country, not go around liberating other people.

> You are a ****ing moselem idiot, which means they are NOT YOUR ARMED
> FORCES.

Here we see the current net.nazi DTJ demonstrating his philosophy for
everyone.

Old June 18th 05, 01:05 AM
Nate Nagel

DTJ wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 01:49:17 GMT, Arif Khokar >
> wrote:
>

>>James C. Reeves wrote:
>>

>>>My guess is that Lister doesn't have family defending liberty for people in
>>>the world.

>>I thought the objective of having armed forces was to defend our
>>country, not go around liberating other people.

> You are a ****ing moselem idiot, which means they are NOT YOUR ARMED
> FORCES.

Wow, that's a pretty bigoted statement, considering that last time I
checked Arif lived in West by God Virginia.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

bin laden drives a stang [email protected] Ford Mustang 2 April 24th 05 03:53 PM
"American" TV media cover up CIA_Israeli torture Awake BMW 7 February 26th 05 02:44 PM
American cars Dave Antique cars 6 February 13th 05 04:27 PM
American cars Dave General 6 February 13th 05 04:27 PM
Where to find list of 1930's American Automobile Manufacturers [email protected] Antique cars 4 November 1st 03 06:44 AM