Does anyone understand this Cadillac TV commercial?

Old March 23rd 06, 03:59 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Does anyone understand this Cadillac TV commercial?

There's a Cadillac TV commercial where two guys are parking
their respective cars in a parking garage.

One guy starts slowly backing into a space labeled "CEO", and
a second guy slides his car into the adjacent (?) space. Then
this second guy gets out of his car, and says "nice try" to the
other guy.

What is the point of this commercial? Are the two guys trying
to vie for the same parking spot (labeled CEO)? Were they racing
each other to see who could park first?

I'm sorry this commercial has me dumbfounded. Why can't they just
bring out a bunch of bikini-clad bimbos like they do with the beer
commercials? That would make better sense, and be a lot more
entertaining.

Old March 23rd 06, 04:11 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Proud Yankee wrote:
> There's a Cadillac TV commercial where two guys are parking
> their respective cars in a parking garage.
>
> One guy starts slowly backing into a space labeled "CEO", and
> a second guy slides his car into the adjacent (?) space. Then
> this second guy gets out of his car, and says "nice try" to the
> other guy.
>
> What is the point of this commercial? Are the two guys trying
> to vie for the same parking spot (labeled CEO)? Were they racing
> each other to see who could park first?
>
> I'm sorry this commercial has me dumbfounded. Why can't they just
> bring out a bunch of bikini-clad bimbos like they do with the beer
> commercials? That would make better sense, and be a lot more
> entertaining.

-----
Doesn't matter. The ad made a sufficient impression upon you that you
not only remembered it and who it was for, you posted to usenet to
inquire about it.

The point is to make a sufficient impression upon you that you remember
it, who it was for, and run buy a new Caddy.
-----

- gpsman

Old March 23rd 06, 08:27 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Proud Yankee wrote:
> There's a Cadillac TV commercial where two guys are parking
> their respective cars in a parking garage.
>
> One guy starts slowly backing into a space labeled "CEO", and
> a second guy slides his car into the adjacent (?) space. Then
> this second guy gets out of his car, and says "nice try" to the
> other guy.
>
> What is the point of this commercial? Are the two guys trying
> to vie for the same parking spot (labeled CEO)? Were they racing
> each other to see who could park first?

I haven't seen it, but it seems to me the non CEO was trying to get the
CEO's parking space, and nobody would question it, afterall, since he's
driving a Cadillac!

Old March 23rd 06, 11:20 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

"Proud Yankee" > wrote in message

> There's a Cadillac TV commercial where two guys are parking
> their respective cars in a parking garage.
>
> One guy starts slowly backing into a space labeled "CEO", and
> a second guy slides his car into the adjacent (?) space. Then
> this second guy gets out of his car, and says "nice try" to the
> other guy.
>
> What is the point of this commercial? Are the two guys trying
> to vie for the same parking spot (labeled CEO)? Were they racing
> each other to see who could park first?
>
> I'm sorry this commercial has me dumbfounded. Why can't they just
> bring out a bunch of bikini-clad bimbos like they do with the beer
> commercials? That would make better sense, and be a lot more
> entertaining.

If I remember correctly the CEO is driving a STS-V and the other guy is
driving a basic STS, the comment may have something to do with that.

It seemed strange to me also.

Old March 24th 06, 02:00 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Jeff wrote:

> If I remember correctly the CEO is driving a STS-V and the other guy is
> driving a basic STS, the comment may have something to do with that.
>
> It seemed strange to me also.

Yes, it was like the basic STS wasn't quite going to be able
to outmaneuver the STS-V. Why would Cadillac put down their
own cars? It makes no sense!

Old March 24th 06, 02:21 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

> On 3/23/2006 9:00 PM ... Proud Yankee wrote:
> Jeff wrote:
>>
>> If I remember correctly the CEO is driving a STS-V and the other guy
>> is driving a basic STS, the comment may have something to do with that.
>>
>> It seemed strange to me also.

> Yes, it was like the basic STS wasn't quite going to be able
> to outmaneuver the STS-V. Why would Cadillac put down their
> own cars? It makes no sense!

So you'll pony up for the STS-V.