Silverstar commercial

Old February 6th 05, 05:56 PM
Bill the second

Default Silverstar commercial

Speaking of dumb commercials, anyone see the Silverstar commercial, where
buddy looks like he's going to drive into some pedestrians, even with his
new blue headlights.

They compared worn out headlights to new blue headlights... too bad they
didn't compare them to new normal headlights for a fair comparison

Old February 6th 05, 08:09 PM
James C. Reeves

"Bill the second" > wrote in message
> Speaking of dumb commercials, anyone see the Silverstar commercial, where
> buddy looks like he's going to drive into some pedestrians, even with his
> new blue headlights.
>
> They compared worn out headlights to new blue headlights... too bad they
> didn't compare them to new normal headlights for a fair comparison

Yea, I saw it along with the normally great old song from The Who they used.

Old February 8th 05, 01:16 AM
Mark Stahl

"Bill the second" > wrote in message
> Speaking of dumb commercials, anyone see the Silverstar commercial, where
> buddy looks like he's going to drive into some pedestrians, even with his
> new blue headlights.
>
> They compared worn out headlights to new blue headlights... too bad they
> didn't compare them to new normal headlights for a fair comparison

Dumb commercials aside, I've heard good things about Silverstar lights as
being better than OE, especially on older vehicles (say, late 80s vintage).
Anyone have any experience with them?

Old February 8th 05, 02:14 AM
Bill the second

"Mark Stahl" > wrote in message

> "Bill the second" > wrote in message
>> Speaking of dumb commercials, anyone see the Silverstar commercial, where
>> buddy looks like he's going to drive into some pedestrians, even with his
>> new blue headlights.
>>
>> They compared worn out headlights to new blue headlights... too bad they
>> didn't compare them to new normal headlights for a fair comparison

> Dumb commercials aside, I've heard good things about Silverstar lights as
> being better than OE, especially on older vehicles (say, late 80s
> vintage). Anyone have any experience with them?

Ask Daniel Stern (automotive lighting expert) what he thinks of silverstar.

There's a pre-canned answer on his website, which is a lot nicer than what
he posts on Usenet about blue bulbs.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...good/good.html

Old February 8th 05, 05:46 AM
Mark Stahl

"Bill the second" > wrote in message

> "Mark Stahl" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Bill the second" > wrote in message
>>> Speaking of dumb commercials, anyone see the Silverstar commercial,
>>> where buddy looks like he's going to drive into some pedestrians, even
>>> with his new blue headlights.
>>>
>>> They compared worn out headlights to new blue headlights... too bad they
>>> didn't compare them to new normal headlights for a fair comparison

>> Dumb commercials aside, I've heard good things about Silverstar lights as
>> being better than OE, especially on older vehicles (say, late 80s
>> vintage). Anyone have any experience with them?

> Ask Daniel Stern (automotive lighting expert) what he thinks of
> silverstar.
>
> There's a pre-canned answer on his website, which is a lot nicer than what
> he posts on Usenet about blue bulbs.
>
> http://www.danielsternlighting.com/t...good/good.html

Hmmm.. not a real lot there, though the guy apparently "approves":

For those who want the best possible performance from their headlamps and
are more concerned with their ability to see rather than the appearance of
their headlamps, the major bulb companies offer optimized bulbs WITHOUT the
light-stealing blue coloration. Sylvania Xtravision (in the pink-and-black
package), Osram Super and SilverStar(outside North America only!); Philips
High Visibility (North America), Premium and Vision Plus (outside North
America); Narva RangePower are the ones to look for.

(Obviously I don't care about the "for-looks-only" blue things. But at least
I know to be sure to look for the Osram SilverStar and not the NA market
Sylvania ones, thanks)

Old February 8th 05, 02:09 PM
Bill the second

"Mark Stahl" > wrote in message

> "Bill the second" > wrote in message

>>> Dumb commercials aside, I've heard good things about Silverstar lights
>>> as being better than OE, especially on older vehicles (say, late 80s
>>> vintage). Anyone have any experience with them?

>> Ask Daniel Stern (automotive lighting expert) what he thinks of
>> silverstar.
>>
>> There's a pre-canned answer on his website, which is a lot nicer than
>> what he posts on Usenet about blue bulbs.

> (Obviously I don't care about the "for-looks-only" blue things. But at
> least I know to be sure to look for the Osram SilverStar and not the NA
> market Sylvania ones, thanks)

And if what you want is actual high performance bulbs, he lists several
options. That way when you pay more for your bulbs, you can get more, other
than a short-lived overpriced piece of trash.

Old February 8th 05, 03:17 PM
Mark Stahl

"Bill the second" > wrote in message

> "Mark Stahl" > wrote in message

>>> Ask Daniel Stern (automotive lighting expert) what he thinks of
>>> silverstar.
>>>
>>> There's a pre-canned answer on his website, which is a lot nicer than
>>> what he posts on Usenet about blue bulbs.

>> (Obviously I don't care about the "for-looks-only" blue things. But at
>> least I know to be sure to look for the Osram SilverStar and not the NA
>> market Sylvania ones, thanks)

> And if what you want is actual high performance bulbs, he lists several
> options. That way when you pay more for your bulbs, you can get more,
> other than a short-lived overpriced piece of trash.

Those options are these (or did I miss something?):
"Sylvania Xtravision (in the pink-and-black
package), Osram Super and SilverStar(outside North America only!); Philips
High Visibility (North America), Premium and Vision Plus (outside North
America); Narva RangePower are the ones to look for."

Right?

Old February 8th 05, 05:20 PM
Bill the second

"Mark Stahl" > wrote in message

> "Bill the second" > wrote in message

>>> (Obviously I don't care about the "for-looks-only" blue things. But at
>>> least I know to be sure to look for the Osram SilverStar and not the NA
>>> market Sylvania ones, thanks)

>> And if what you want is actual high performance bulbs, he lists several
>> options. That way when you pay more for your bulbs, you can get more,
>> other than a short-lived overpriced piece of trash.

> Those options are these (or did I miss something?):
> "Sylvania Xtravision (in the pink-and-black
> package), Osram Super and SilverStar(outside North America only!); Philips
> High Visibility (North America), Premium and Vision Plus (outside North
> America); Narva RangePower are the ones to look for."
>
> Right?

yes.

1968 Ford Mustang commercial Markansas Ford Mustang 0 February 5th 05 09:06 AM
FA: Buick 1932 Commercial Movie Script Signed F.A. Bowers Vishanti Antique cars 0 December 19th 04 07:21 PM
05 Stang commercial w/Mcqueen vince garcia Ford Mustang 8 December 13th 04 09:32 PM
C-6 commercial Rufio Corvette 0 August 17th 04 04:42 PM
C6 Commercial DEI Corvette 6 August 16th 04 11:09 PM