GTL Graphics problems

Old February 27th 06, 04:52 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default GTL Graphics problems

I have just loaded GTL on my pc and even at lowest resolution and lowest
detail i have slow down on screen and also graphis problems mainly being red
patches on the travk and trackside.
I meet the minimum spec. I have an Athlon 2400 with 512 ram and an ATI
Radeon 9000 card with latest drivers. Also have latest direct x

Is this common or do i have a problem. It plays on my lap top but that is
fairly high spec.

Any help appreciated

Thanks
Kev Barnes

Old February 27th 06, 05:27 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Try to set the video mode in GTL Config.exe to DirectX 7 or try 8 first, but
I think, with your system, 7 is better. You will see only small differences
between them.
Rolf

Old February 27th 06, 06:24 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

I have tried direct x 7 but this changes the red to blue? Still i terrible
slow down when more than 1 other car about. Is my system simply not up to
it?

KevB

Old February 27th 06, 08:42 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Old cards need old drivers, and I cant recall but the 9000 wasn't it a
problem?
Kevin Barnes enlightened us with:

Old February 27th 06, 09:22 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

(Kevin Barnes) wrote:

> ATI Radeon 9000

I'm guessing that's your problem, no matter what the minimum specs might
say. GTL's pretty demanding and the 9000 is a loooong way down the 3D
pecking order.

http://www.tomshardware.com/2003/12/...ii/page13.html

Andrew McP

Old February 28th 06, 11:00 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

I may have to look at a new graphics card. How do i find out what ineed. I
read about PCI, pci express and agp ?. Also what would you recommend as a
decent card without paying a fortune. Are gee force or radeons better?
any help appreciated

Kevb

ddress_disguised...

Old February 28th 06, 02:13 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

"Kevin Barnes" > wrote in message
> How do you know for sure it is AGP. It is an Evesham and about 3 years old
> many thanks
> KevB

PCI-E has only been around for about 1.5 years. Your computer is sure to
have AGP graphics.

--
Mika Takala

Old February 28th 06, 05:39 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

How about this card would this be up to it. 256MB nVidia GeForce 6200. I
have seen them on ebay at a good price

KevB