Grinder recommendations for sheet metal/MIG?

Old March 5th 05, 06:25 PM
Brian

Default Grinder recommendations for sheet metal/MIG?

I'm D-I-Y-ing a quarter panel and trunk floor on my hobby car, and am in
need of some advice on grinding the MIG welds in the sheet metal.

What specific grinders, wheels/materials, and speeds (RPMs) work best?
I have compressed air available.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Old March 5th 05, 11:18 PM
Steve W.

4 1/2" high speed grinder and flap wheels do a great job. Just keep the
heat down to prevent warpage. Your choice on air or electric. If you go
with air you can get a high speed unit that will work as a
grinder,sander and by adding a chuck a decent drill.

--
Steve Williams

Old March 8th 05, 12:16 AM
Brian

Steve W. wrote:
> 4 1/2" high speed grinder and flap wheels do a great job. Just keep the
> heat down to prevent warpage.

OK -- will try (but probably not too soon). Have a 4.5 electric
grinder, and just picked up some flap disks for it too. Also will try a
much slower 7 inch sander/grinder.

Thanks,

Brian