MP3 player

Old March 4th 05, 10:28 PM
Scott Hughes

Default MP3 player

Anyone who has an MP3 collection and is interested in getting the mp3s in
their car needs to look at this.

http://woot.com/

Never heard of woot.com? Yeah, me neither, my friend forwarded me to the
link.. anyway, this is from their faq:

"What is woot and who's behind it?"
"woot.com is an online store and community run by the employees of a 10
year old consumer electronics distributor that focuses on close-outs and
generally buying stuff cheap. Since the distributor doesn’t sell to end
users, Woot, Inc provides us with an employee-store slash market-testing
type of place. Hopefully the boss won’t take notice. We anticipate
profitability by 2043 -- by then we should be retired; someone smarter
might take over and jack up the prices."

Might want to check them out a bit more thouroghly before giving them any
money, but it looks like a short-term sale deal..

I'm not affiliated in anyway, just think it looks like an exceptional
deal. Had it been available when I bought my last mp3 player, I would
have definately gone this route. And if I had an extra $200 laying
around, I'd seriously considder getting it anyway. (note that it doesn't
include a radio)

Just thought I'd pass the deal on..

-Scott
Old March 5th 05, 12:45 AM
tooloud

Scott Hughes wrote:
> Anyone who has an MP3 collection and is interested in getting the
> mp3s in their car needs to look at this.
>
> http://woot.com/
>
> Never heard of woot.com? Yeah, me neither, my friend forwarded me to
> the link.. anyway, this is from their faq:
>
> "What is woot and who's behind it?"
> "woot.com is an online store and community run by the employees of a
> 10 year old consumer electronics distributor that focuses on
> close-outs and generally buying stuff cheap. Since the distributor
> doesn't sell to end users, Woot, Inc provides us with an
> employee-store slash market-testing type of place. Hopefully the boss
> won't take notice. We anticipate profitability by 2043 -- by then we
> should be retired; someone smarter might take over and jack up the
> prices."
>
> Might want to check them out a bit more thouroghly before giving them
> any money, but it looks like a short-term sale deal..

No need to worry about Woot; they're a perfectly reputable company with an
interesting marketing approach and sense of humor. They've had some great
deals, too, though usually they sell out on the really good stuff rather
quickly.

<snip>

--
tooloud