GTP MOD Will NOT Run

Old January 19th 05, 02:35 AM
mjones53

Default GTP MOD Will NOT Run

Installed okay, starts then back to the desktop.

Old January 19th 05, 02:44 AM
DB

run config.exe in the directory where you installed gtp. Without running
this
and setting up the graphics, you will get kicked back to desktop.

DB

Old January 19th 05, 03:03 AM
mjones53

I had already done that, it just will not run, flashes then back to the
config screen over and over.

Old January 19th 05, 03:16 AM
Greger Huttu

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 20:03:55 -0600, "mjones53" >
wrote:

>I had already done that, it just will not run, flashes then back to the
>config screen over and over.

Try disabling the intro/exit sequences.

Open app.ini (in your Redline GTP folder) with notepad and edit the
following line:

sequences=1 ; Intro/exit sequences

Change the 1 to 0 and hopefully it will run.
Old January 19th 05, 03:19 AM
mjones53

still not luck, man this sucks have been waiting forever for this to come
out. have no problems running NR2003 or any other mod for it.

Old January 19th 05, 04:48 AM
EL

Same here

EL

Old January 19th 05, 04:50 AM
EL

Doh...
Run config.exe under the redline installation

EL

Old January 19th 05, 04:04 PM
Darryl Johnson

mjones53 wrote in :

> I had already done that, it just will not run, flashes then back to

the
> config screen over and over.
> "DB" > wrote in message
>> run config.exe in the directory where you installed gtp. Without

running
>> this
>> and setting up the graphics, you will get kicked back to desktop.
>>
>> DB
>> "mjones53" > wrote in message
>>> Installed okay, starts then back to the desktop.

I checked the option to have the desktop changed to the same
resolution as I was using in the game (lower than my desktop). I
thought this might give me slightly better FPS in the game itself.

It only caused the cycle of Start game / see Config dialogue / start
game.

Disabling the option to set the desktop allowed me to start and run
the game itself.

HTH,
--
Darryl
Old January 20th 05, 02:25 AM
Vintook

mjones53 formulated the question :
> Installed okay, starts then back to the desktop.

Same for me. It runs but when I load a track I see a flash of it and
then crash to desktop. I have an ATI Radeon 9700pro with the new 5.1
drivers.

--
This is an automatic signature of MesNews.
Site : http://www.mesnews.net

Old January 20th 05, 03:09 AM
Tiny Lund

"Same for me. It runs but when I load a track I see a flash of it and
> then crash to desktop. I have an ATI Radeon 9700pro with the new 5.1
> drivers."

I also run the 9700 pro w/5.1 Cats and I can't even get it to install. I
downloaded 2 last night, one .exe with no files to extract and a zip. Unzip,
click .exe and it shows a default path to install and says it finds a valid
copy of Nascar 2003 then I point to the Nascar Directory and says it can't
find nascar? Thankfully I am enjoying GTR so it wont kill me not to have
GTP. Would like to try it but not ready to re-install Nascar for yet another
mod.