OT Kids these days......

Old November 13th 04, 01:10 AM
Shaggie

Default OT Kids these days......

My 9-year-old son just asked me why people say "Ladies first" and my
daughter was standing beside him when he asked. I told him it was
because it is the polite thing to do and then he asked the dreaded
question. "Why?" Why is it the polite thing to do? I sorta wanted
to tell him that it's because it's a man's world and we rule over
women and that it's nice of us to *allow* women to go first since we
know the choice is actually up to us and we could easily overpower
them and go first, but... I knew that wasn't a good answer, even if
it was the right one (shutup, Kidd...) so... instead I told him
uh....uh... I didn't know what to tell him. I blabbed something
about how men are in control in lots of situations and how it's polite
to let other people who are not in control like women go first, even
if you're in control. He told me that his sister is in control of the
video games they play together a lot of times, and that he doesn't
mind that. Either I have a lot to teach him, or he has a lot to teach
me. Fortunately I outweigh him by about 150 pounds, so for now at
least "I'm right." I think I'm gonna try to listen extra carefully to
what he says for a while, though. Just in case he's on to something.
But he probably isn't.

--

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite,
and furthermore always carry a small snake.
Old November 13th 04, 02:09 AM
David Gravereaux

Shaggie > wrote:

>"Why?" Why is it the polite thing to do? I sorta wanted
>to tell him that it's because it's a man's world and we rule over
>women and that it's nice of us to *allow* women to go first since we
>know the choice is actually up to us and we could easily overpower
>them and go first, but...

No, no , no...
We let them go first so we can stare at their ass as they pass.

Duh!
--
David Gravereaux >
[species: human; planet: earth,milkyway(western spiral arm),alpha sector]
Old November 13th 04, 02:33 AM
Kidd Andersson

>(shutup, Kidd...)

You know better.

Actually, it's "ladies first" because back in the day, women wore corsets. Why?
Because a tiny waist was considered feminine. The smaller the better. The
corsets were tightened day by day until the internal organs and ribs were
deformed. It was impossible to take a deep breath, which is why back then women
were always getting the vapors or fainting. A 13 inch waist could no longer
hold up the torso without the aid of a corset.
Women were incredibly delicate and found the most common tasks difficult, such
as opening doors or exiting a stage coach. Thus, men had to help them (don't
you feel special?). Women HAD to go first, with the men holding open the door.
Otherwise, they would have stood outside until they fainted.
With the change of fashion and lifestyle, corsets were out, but it was still
seen gentlemanly for a man to hold open the door for a woman.
So instead of telling your son it's a control issue, just tell him the truth;
it's because a long time ago, women tortured themselves to look attractive to
men and thus became weak little twits that couldn't hold the door open for
themselves.

Glad I could help!
LMAO

Kidd
"We're friends. You smile, I smile. You hurt, I hurt. You cry, I cry. You jump
off a bridge.... I'm gonna miss your dumb ass."
Old November 13th 04, 11:18 AM
Tim Rogers

"Kidd Andersson" > wrote in message

> Actually, it's "ladies first" because back in the day, women wore corsets.

Why?
> Because a tiny waist was considered feminine. The smaller the better. The
> corsets were tightened day by day until the internal organs and ribs were
> deformed. It was impossible to take a deep breath, which is why back then

women
> were always getting the vapors or fainting. A 13 inch waist could no

longer
> hold up the torso without the aid of a corset.
> Women were incredibly delicate and found the most common tasks difficult,

such
> as opening doors or exiting a stage coach. Thus, men had to help them

(don't
> you feel special?). Women HAD to go first, with the men holding open the

door.
> Otherwise, they would have stood outside until they fainted.
> With the change of fashion and lifestyle, corsets were out, but it was

still
> seen gentlemanly for a man to hold open the door for a woman.
> So instead of telling your son it's a control issue, just tell him the

truth;
> it's because a long time ago, women tortured themselves to look attractive

> men and thus became weak little twits that couldn't hold the door open for
> themselves.

...................And all this time I thought it was because we were nicer.

Old November 13th 04, 12:13 PM
Chris Perdue

>From: "Tim Rogers"

>..................And all this time I thought it was because we were nicer.

i thought it was because we were scared NOT to?
-------------------
Chris Perdue
"I'm ever so thankful for the Internet; it has allowed me to keep a finger in
the pie and to make some small contribution to those younger who will carry the
air-cooled legend forward"
Jim Mais
Feb. 2004
Old November 13th 04, 06:16 PM
Kidd Andersson

>i thought it was because we were scared NOT to?
>-------------------
>Chris Perdue

Really? I thought that was just Jan.

K.

Old November 13th 04, 07:02 PM
Olli Lammi

Chris Perdue wrote:

>>..................And all this time I thought it was because we were nicer.

> i thought it was because we were scared NOT to?

No, it's because we are hoping to get laid.

---
Olli
Old November 13th 04, 09:19 PM
David Gravereaux

Olli Lammi > wrote:

>Chris Perdue wrote:
>>
>>>..................And all this time I thought it was because we were nicer.

>> i thought it was because we were scared NOT to?

>No, it's because we are hoping to get laid.

...while getting a look at her butt while she passes.

It's this simple, and if we take off our hat and bow in politeness while
holding the door, we get an even closer view of the motions as she
passes. All the while, she thinks we are _just_ being polite.
Old November 13th 04, 10:10 PM
Jan Andersson

Kidd Andersson wrote:

> >i thought it was because we were scared NOT to?
> >Chris Perdue

> Really? I thought that was just Jan.
>

> K.

HAHA.