360 wristpin oilers

Old August 3rd 06, 10:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Unknown[_1_]

Default 360 wristpin oilers

I got my rods back with new pistons on 'em, but if I orient the dots on
the piston top to face the front of the engine then the oil notches on the
rods face downward throughout the complete rotation of the crank (rather
than towards the wristpins). That can't be right, can it? I seem to recall
being able to read the stamped numbers on the unnotched side of the cap
instead of them always being on the darkside of the moon like they are ..
it's been a while so I can't be sure anymore.

--
ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI

Old August 3rd 06, 11:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

Piston, rod orientation:
http://www.billhughes.com/temp/pistonRodOrientation.jpg
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

Old August 4th 06, 11:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

Yup, that's why I like Fords, number one's on the "right" then
numbered in order, rather than flippin' all over the place:
http://www.billhughes.com/temp/fordp...rientation.jpg
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

Old August 6th 06, 04:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Dave Milne[_2_]

I assume "wristpin" is what we call gudgeon pins over this side of the pond
? (connects the con rod to the piston)

Dave Milne, Scotland

news

Old August 6th 06, 05:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Earle Horton[_1_]

Gudgeon:

1. Pivot, journal.
2. A socket for a rudder pintle.
3. A small European fresh water fish (Gobio gobio) related to the carps and
often used for food or bait.

French: taquiner le goujon, to do a bit of fishing.

One learns something every day.

This fellow needs to talk to his machinist, who installed the pistons, and
explain his concerns.

Earle

.uk...

Old August 6th 06, 11:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

Yes they're under your bonnet.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old August 6th 06, 11:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

Does he have bees in his bonnet?

I was at the garage one day when a nice English lady stopped by and said she
needed her daughter's hooters looked at...

Old August 6th 06, 11:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
c[_1_]

And she probably had no problem getting service that day.

Chris

Old August 7th 06, 12:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

I wonder who set her up for that?
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old August 7th 06, 12:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
billy ray

I was just an innocent bystander..

Well.... I explained to her that hooters mean something different here.....