Detroit Vs Japan

Old June 4th 05, 10:38 PM

The Mopars weren't inferior in terms of engine and transmission
quality. They were inferior in the way the interiors were put together,
the way stuff would fall off, the AC would quit because of the little
stuff like switches,etc. GM figured out that those "little things"
were what really mattered and got it right. GM electrics, interiors,
climate control, were best of industry. AMC and Mopar were often great
basic cars with little annoyances. Mechanically intelligent people
could fix them, but most people don't. They just get rid of it.

Old June 4th 05, 10:41 PM

WHO are you calling a traitor, and WHY?

Old June 4th 05, 11:19 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

You whom implied Japanese quality was better. IN WHAT? IN THE POWER
ACCESSORIES THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO BEGIN WITH? You don't know what the ****
you're talking about, and I wouldn't that crap either! Of course, you
wouldn't have the balls to use a real address either.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old June 4th 05, 11:33 PM

Lick my ass, cocksucker.

I said nothing of the sort. Japanese quality _at one time_WAS a lot
better. Things have changed. You are like those Japanese guys they
found who still thinks the war is still on.

For the people who live in reality-land, the war is over. Get used to
it.

Old June 5th 05, 12:18 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

A**hole, what was make in Japan better than America? Ever! The only
thing that has failed me on any of my America cars was an intermittent
wiper blade switch, guess where the petroglyphs said it was made!
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old June 5th 05, 02:31 AM

L=2EW. Hughes III (=DFill) wrote:
> A**hole, what was make in Japan better than America? Ever! The only
> thing that has failed me on any of my America cars was an intermittent
> wiper blade switch, guess where the petroglyphs said it was made!

I'm not arguing with the insane anymore. It just makes you nuttier
than they are. If you are asking me to believe that is the only part
that has ever broke on you in all your years of car ownership-and you
are probably eighty or older-you are nuttier than me (unless I believed
it).

Old June 5th 05, 02:55 AM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Well it's the truth, and if you had driven an American car you
could have said the same: I have never brokering any auto part on the
street. I have wore out tires, brakes, water pumps, radiators, and
alternators go at a hundred thousand miles, about two hundred thousand
on my C-6, engines have never had their heads off. That I swear to oh
mighty God. I understand Japanese timing belts still must be changed a
seventy, what a POP!
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old June 5th 05, 09:36 AM
Dave Milne

Only 100K for an alternator ?? Give me the german ones any time then. But
then again, you probably had to deal with the crap that AC Delco produced

And 70K is pretty good for a timing belt ; Ford requires you to change
theirs at 30K and as they broke reliably at 35 on their 2.5 diesel engines
people play it safe and change at 25K. Timing chains are obviously a
different story..

Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

Old June 5th 05, 06:58 PM
Lee Ayrton

Perhaps. But I've recently seen it suggested that the reason that
there's so many 40s and 50s Willys vehicles coming out of barns with
30,000 miles on the clock is that they were underpowered, unreliable,
broken down, were parked and forgotten as not worth the bother.

Consider this: How often do you need to tune a modern
computer-controlled ignition, fuel-injected engine? How often did you
need to tune a points-and-condensor ignition?

Old June 5th 05, 08:09 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

That's what I've been getting, three alternators, three starters on
my '78 Bronco with three hundred and fifty thousand miles. '89
Thunderbird three starters, no starters, and of course they didn't need
chains. And of course they've never left me stranded anywhere, like all
these Japanese cars I see stopped on the side of the road.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/