Best and Worst Looking VW's of all time

Old February 28th 05, 02:45 AM
Tom Levigne

Default Best and Worst Looking VW's of all time

Best:

1. Newest Scirocco
2. A4 Golf and GTI
3. A4 Jetta
4. Corrado
5. New Beetle
6. Oldest Bus
7. A2 Jetta
8. 412 and 411
9 A2 Golf and GTI
10. Older Scirocco
11. A1 Golf and Rabbit and GTI
12. Passat
13. Vanagon
14. Newest Bus
15. Lupo and Polo (tie)

Worst:

1. Fox
2. Squareback
3. Middle age Bus
4. Old Beetle
5. Toureg
6. A3 Golf and Jetta and GTI
7. Dasher

Old February 28th 05, 02:50 AM
Tom Levigne

Oh I forgot any Karman Ghia which of course goes in worst list - probably
about 3rd or 4th to be exact (slightly uglier than old beetle).

ink.net...

Old February 28th 05, 03:34 AM
Rob Guenther

I think the Phaeton is their best looking car... has so much presence... A4
Jetta's are nice cars too.... actually the A5 Jetta looks a LOT better in
person then in most of the pictures I've seen.... It's a damn fine looking
car... The rear looks like a new Audi from the top and a BMW M5 from the
bottom (I don't think anyone would really say "Corolla" if they saw the
thing in person... especially next to a Corolla). Front looks like the new
Golf/GTI, which is quite decent, the chrome doesn't look bad at all in
person (I thought it would look tacky).

I would vote the Touareg higher, it's one of the better looking SUV's out
there but i'd say your "ugly" list is pretty spot on... Tho the A2's don't
really look good IMO (they're on the good list) they at least look like damn
solid cars.

Old February 28th 05, 11:49 AM
Papa

Of course others will have a different list of what is the best looking and
what is the worst looking. It's all a matter of personal preference. As the
old saying goes: "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder". For example, I
would put the old Beetle up near the top of the best looking.

Old February 28th 05, 01:04 PM
Joseph Meehan

I would rate anything with the auto-stick transmission or an A/C on any
air cooled as deserving to be on the worse

Frankly I consider the Gia one of the best looking cars ever made.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Old February 28th 05, 01:20 PM
Basil

The VW Thing ?

Old February 28th 05, 02:16 PM

how could you possibly consider this ugly?
Old February 28th 05, 03:06 PM
Joseph Meehan

Basil wrote:
> The VW Thing ?

Yea most ugly by design. :-)

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Old February 28th 05, 09:54 PM
Mike Smith

Rob Guenther wrote:

> I think the Phaeton is their best looking car... has so much presence...

*Too* much presence. Heavy-handed and unsubtle, IMO. For me, the
best-looking VW is a tossup between the A4 GTI (esp. R32) and B5/5.5 Passat.

> A4
> Jetta's are nice cars too....

Nice, but kinda feminine-looking, epsecially the rear of the roof/window
area.

> actually the A5 Jetta looks a LOT better in
> person then in most of the pictures I've seen.... It's a damn fine looking
> car... The rear looks like a new Audi from the top and a BMW M5 from the
> bottom

Speaking of Audis, now *there* are some damn fine looking VWs (well,
VAG, anyhow). The new A6, and the A8 short-wheelbase, are a couple of

Old February 28th 05, 09:55 PM
Mike Smith

Basil wrote:

> The VW Thing ?

Either the best, or the worst - I can't decide. ;-)

--
Mike Smith