Safety Recall F22

Old August 14th 06, 01:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Albanese

Default Safety Recall F22

Just received this recall notice for my TJ -- "The clutch pedal pushrod
on your vehicle may break and allow clutch engagement when the pedal is
depressed. This can increase the vehicle's stopping distance and/or
cause engine stalling, which can result in a crash without warning."

Anybody here have one of these go while shifting? Just trying to weigh
the probability of it happening and whether to get in there right away
for a fix, or hold off a few weeks until my first (3K) service interval.

Mike
2006 TJ Sport

--
(for email address, change 'XX' to 'bb')
Old August 14th 06, 02:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Mike Romain

There have been more than a few rants about that stupid setup. It would
seem they do break....

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old August 15th 06, 01:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
jbjeep

Not exactly that but I had a cheap a$$ plastic retaining clip break on me in the
middle of Upper (I think) Woodpecker when I was in AZ last year. We got it
functioning with zip ties. Guess what...the zip ties are still holding fine! It
was the clip for where the pedal attaches to the rod.

You would probably (hopefully) be ok for a couple of weeks. Just be very aware.
-jenn

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 08:24:58 -0400, Mike Albanese > wrote:

>>Just received this recall notice for my TJ -- "The clutch pedal pushrod
>>on your vehicle may break and allow clutch engagement when the pedal is
>>depressed. This can increase the vehicle's stopping distance and/or
>>cause engine stalling, which can result in a crash without warning."
>>
>>Anybody here have one of these go while shifting? Just trying to weigh
>>the probability of it happening and whether to get in there right away
>>for a fix, or hold off a few weeks until my first (3K) service interval.
>>
>>Mike
>>2006 TJ Sport

Safety Recall - Bonnet Closure - 156 hologram Alfa Romeo 11 August 4th 06 12:34 AM
GAO: Highway Safety: Further Opportunities Exist to Improve Data on Crashes Involving Commercial Motor Vehicles. Mike Driving 0 November 18th 05 08:03 PM
Buick coolant recall suren Technology 4 April 6th 05 03:55 PM
looking for information on vehicle safety inspections Peter D. Hipson 4x4 0 January 17th 05 03:44 PM
Vehicle Safety Recall Notification Doug Alfa Romeo 5 December 13th 04 11:02 PM