Service Engine Soon Light

Old April 12th 06, 08:38 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

Default Service Engine Soon Light

Hi,
I have a 2004 Saturn Vue with the 3.5 V6 and AT. I'm getting a steady
Service Engine Soon Malfunction light. It runs fine. It only has 39,000
miles on it, (Just out of warranty)
Already checked my gas cap. Any opinions or help would be appreciated.
thanks

Old April 13th 06, 02:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

My Saturn was doing the same, it turned out to be a sensor in the gas tank
that measured tank pressure.

ups.com...

Old April 13th 06, 03:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

You know we can play the guessing game all year long... Until you have
that code read, no one will ever know what it is or was. Codes can clear
themselves after so many cycles after the problem was corrected if it
was corrected. Try getting it read at autozone.

In article >, shawn-
says...

Old April 14th 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 14:08:50 GMT, blah blah > wrote:

>You know we can play the guessing game all year long... Until you have
>that code read, no one will ever know what it is or was. Codes can clear
>themselves after so many cycles after the problem was corrected if it
>was corrected. Try getting it read at autozone.
>
>In article >, shawn-
says...
>> My Saturn was doing the same, it turned out to be a sensor in the gas tank
>> that measured tank pressure.
>>
>> > wrote in message
>> ups.com...
>> > Hi,
>> > I have a 2004 Saturn Vue with the 3.5 V6 and AT. I'm getting a steady
>> > Service Engine Soon Malfunction light. It runs fine. It only has 39,000
>> > miles on it, (Just out of warranty)
>> > Already checked my gas cap. Any opinions or help would be appreciated.
>> > thanks

Those readers at auto zone are toys,my 03 Ion was doing the retard (in
boston dialect) thing all winter,it'dbe great if it were gas cap
issue,but I hope the reader at saturn will tell the truth once & for
all.
Old April 14th 06, 04:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn

In article >, sturg57
@sbcglobal.net says...
> On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 14:08:50 GMT, blah blah > wrote:
>
> >You know we can play the guessing game all year long... Until you have
> >that code read, no one will ever know what it is or was. Codes can clear
> >themselves after so many cycles after the problem was corrected if it
> >was corrected. Try getting it read at autozone.
> >
> >In article >, shawn-
> says...
> >> My Saturn was doing the same, it turned out to be a sensor in the gas tank
> >> that measured tank pressure.

> >> ups.com...

> Those readers at auto zone are toys,my 03 Ion was doing the retard (in
> boston dialect) thing all winter,it'dbe great if it were gas cap
> issue,but I hope the reader at saturn will tell the truth once & for
> all.

I'm not talking about the ones they SELL nor care about the QUALITY of
the reader! Every reader will give you the set CODE from the ECM.
Autozone will read codes for FREE, then you come on here and tell us the
Powertrain code(s) that were set then we can then and only THEN can we
begin diagnosing the problem instead of playing these silly guessing
games. If you want to pay the dealership for a diagnosis or to have the
codes read to you then be my guess. If you want us to try and figure it
out, start by giving somewhere TO start. No one here is telepathic.