Texas battles DUI problem - Arrests drunks in bars!!

Old March 28th 06, 02:37 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Texas battles DUI problem - Arrests drunks in bars!!

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 23:47:23 GMT,Doug, wrote

> "jaybird" > wrote in
> :
>

> > "Larry Bud" > wrote in message
> > ups.com...

> >> What part of "inalienable rights" do you not understand in the
> >> Constitution?

> > You can pursue your happiness to your heart's content. You just can't
> > get intoxicated in a bar to the point where you are a danger to
> > yourself or others.
> >

> I don't think that what the "Framers" had in mind with "Pursuit of
> Happiness".
>
> Doug

We know that the framers had no idea of what the industrial
revolution would do to their work. Most of them ate and drank
to what we would call excess. Life in New England in the early
colonial days was so rough that the Puritans tended to drink
as much rum as they could afford. Ahhh Pioneer virtures!
Of course they had no machines to manage and your horse whether
ridden or drawing a carriage generally knew the way back to
its barn unlike modern horseless carriages. The town drunk of
course existed and might be locked up in the stocks for a
day after a carouse, not because he was drunk but because
he had allowed himself to be out of control.

later
bliss -- C O C O A Powered... (at california dot com)

--
bobbie sellers - a retired nurse in San Francisco

"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the beans of cocoa that the thoughts acquire speed,
the thighs acquire girth, the girth become a warning.
It is by theobromine alone I set my mind in motion."
--from Someone else's Dune spoof ripped to my taste.