TSB 99-20-6 blower motor burning odour.

Old July 14th 05, 04:06 AM
S.P.

Default TSB 99-20-6 blower motor burning odour.

I'd appreciate it if someone had a link showing me what this bulletin is. I
think it applies to my 94 ltd. Thanks. Also, can us plebians look up TSBs
on our own?
___________
To reply, spell yahoo correctly

Old July 14th 05, 08:27 AM
Jim Warman

It has to do with leaves and other debris entering the fan housing.... there
are foam seals that can be installed aroud the wiper pivots but I doubt
their efficacy.

Sadly, a TSB is simply a technical advice publication... if you were hoping
for warranty....

TSBs are copyright material.... there may be someone willing to withstand
the wrath of a scorned lawyer but, for the most part, you will pay to see
the full text of any TSB. Your local dealer may be kind enough to print a
copy off for you... One of the conditions for my access to the corporate
tehnical information database prohibits me from posting any tehnical
information in a "cut and paste" fashion.

Old July 16th 05, 04:30 PM
S.P.

> Sadly, a TSB is simply a technical advice publication... if you were
> hoping
> for warranty....

Thanks, anyway. I was not looking for a warranty, just an idea to see if it
is worth getting my hands (and/or wallet) dirty to see the cause of a very,
very intermittent smell... which sometimes reminds me of leaves burning,
sometimes rubber/plastic.