PT Cruiser - Rear Passenger Window Tube????

Old June 28th 05, 07:02 PM
jcd_columbus

Default PT Cruiser - Rear Passenger Window Tube????

I was in Phoenix, AZ recently and noticed that all the PT Cruisers
there have some kind of device on the rear passenger window that looks
like a metal box with a clear plastic tube (about 1" diameter) sticking
out of it. What is this?

Thanks!

Old June 28th 05, 09:23 PM
jcd_columbus

It was 105-114f high each day. I considered that they may be vents,
although much more low-tech then the one depicted in the link. Just
found it strange that I only encountered it on PT Cruisers....

Thanks for the response!

Old June 29th 05, 07:18 AM
Ted Mittelstaedt

"jcd_columbus" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I was in Phoenix, AZ recently and noticed that all the PT Cruisers
> there have some kind of device on the rear passenger window that looks
> like a metal box with a clear plastic tube (about 1" diameter) sticking
> out of it. What is this?

Those are the male cruisers. ;-)

Ted

Old June 29th 05, 08:05 AM
M. Blomquist

It might have been a new design of old technology, an evaporative cooler.
The dry desert air would really make these things work well, and save a lot
of $$$ in gas. I haven't seen any such thing on the PT's here in Tucson.
MB

Old June 29th 05, 05:34 PM
David

"jcd_columbus" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> It was 105-114f high each day. I considered that they may be vents,
> although much more low-tech then the one depicted in the link. Just
> found it strange that I only encountered it on PT Cruisers....

I find it strange also. I live in Phoenix, and have not seen any! Are you
talking about the ones on the dealers lot? If so, those are cheap vents they
keep on most of the vehicles in the summer, so the interiors are not cooking
hot. They take them out when they sell the cars.

Old June 29th 05, 06:56 PM
jcd_columbus

A Co-Worker mentioned seeing something strange on the PT's in downtown
Phoenix. I wasn't able to correlate at that time, but that evening,
there were two parked in the resort parking lot, wihch enabled me to
get a closer look. I looked all over online, but didn't see anything
for sale under "PT Cruiser" AND "plastic tube," or "PT Cruiser" AND
"Snorkel." Possibly an anomaly, but figured I'd poke around and see if
I could determine what they were....

Further description - Metal box with a 1" diameter, clear plastic tube
sticking out. Hangs off the rear, passenger side window.