Auto Parts Places and Stupidity

Old June 9th 05, 06:21 AM
Paul Calman

> The 307 is a non-Chevy engine, then?

Not as far as i know. I installed one in a Jag back in the late 70s, lots of
torque.
--
Paul Calman, Hathaway Pines, California

Old June 10th 05, 05:15 PM

The 307 always got a bad rap for having camshafts that went flat on one or
more of the lobes. They really weren't all that bad of an engine. They never
came from the factory with a 4bbl carb to my knowledge, but they responded
well to all the usual hot rodding add ons if done properly. Also, an FYI,
the 307 was basically a 327 stroke crankshaft (3.25") with a 283 bore size
(3.875").

Chris

Old June 11th 05, 12:49 AM
83 CJ

That is total BS!! Just because you are a minimum wage employee that
does not give you an excuse to have a "don't give a ****" attitude
about your job. That is what is wrong with our Country these days.
Noone take pride in what they do anymore.