2001 Caravan Stalling

Old May 6th 05, 04:08 PM
CJL

Default 2001 Caravan Stalling

Hello

I have a 2001 Caravan 2.4 engine 49k miles that only stalls when stopped
other than that it runs fine. The problem is very intermittent some time it
idles fine. When it does stall the engine will not start for about five
minutes and when you try to start it during that time it sounds like it is
backfiring through the intake manifold. When I do have to stop if I increase
the idle buy pressing down on the gas peddle and braking at the same time
its ok. Normal cruising speeds on the highway and around town if runs just
fine. Also I am getting no error codes at all. So far I have replaced the
inlet
air temperature sensor and the idle air control valve and cleaned out the
throttle
body. I also disconnected the EGR valve but that made no difference.

Anyone want to take a guess at what to look at next?

Thanks for any help.

Chris

Old May 24th 05, 10:44 PM
The Ip Masker

Ok, my guess is this: Check the CO2 sensor by unplugging it NOT
REMOVEING IT.

Try running the van. If this makes a difference the CO2 may be bad.

Next hook it back up.

If this made not difference at all then the timing belt bay be
slipping and going bad.

On Fri, 6 May 2005 11:08:16 -0400, "CJL" > wrote:

>Hello
>
>I have a 2001 Caravan 2.4 engine 49k miles that only stalls when stopped
>other than that it runs fine. The problem is very intermittent some time it
>idles fine. When it does stall the engine will not start for about five
>minutes and when you try to start it during that time it sounds like it is
>backfiring through the intake manifold. When I do have to stop if I increase
>the idle buy pressing down on the gas peddle and braking at the same time
>its ok. Normal cruising speeds on the highway and around town if runs just
>fine. Also I am getting no error codes at all. So far I have replaced the
>inlet
>air temperature sensor and the idle air control valve and cleaned out the
>throttle
>body. I also disconnected the EGR valve but that made no difference.
>
>Anyone want to take a guess at what to look at next?
>
>Thanks for any help.
>
>Chris

2001 Caravan 3.8L - Seized Spark Plug Randy Chrysler 10 June 23rd 05 06:53 AM
2001 Caravan Stalling CJL Dodge 0 April 26th 05 12:35 AM
firewall access on Dodge Caravan 2001 David Dodge 6 September 26th 04 03:16 AM
2001 Dodge Caravan Brakes M K Dodge 8 August 16th 04 05:35 AM