Problem with 95 audi 80 2.0 sport

Old August 5th 04, 02:08 AM
TOMASZ BUCZYNSKI

Default Problem with 95 audi 80 2.0 sport

We have problem with 95 audi 80 2.0 sport. It has high fuel emissions and
misfires.

We have changed idle air control, plugs, leads and nothing.

We have bypassed catalytic converter which stops the misfire but still have
high emissions (failed MOT test).

We have taken car to Audi garage, but after 1 hour they asked for another 10
hrs investigation time (every hour 75 british pounds).

Please help!!!

Old August 5th 04, 02:22 PM
Steve Sears

Tomasz,
Have you replaced the oxygen sensor? Checked the electrical connections for
good contact and checked the wide-open throttle switch?
Huw Powell has a good site for these cars at
http://www.humanspeakers.com/audi/index.html
and the part of the site you should follow is at:
http://www.humanspeakers.com/audi/tuning-cise.htm
Of course, a Bentley Manual is a good thing to have on-hand - find them
through the dealer, at www.bentleypublishers.com or get a used one through
eBay or from someone at www.audifans.com or www.audiworld.com
Cheers!
Steve Sears
1987 Audi 5kTQ
1980 Audi 5k
1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes
(SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)

Audi Picture R. de Jong Audi 0 July 27th 04 04:08 PM
97 AUDI A4 OIL PRESSURE PROBLEM? HELP? HOCKEYGUY Audi 3 June 1st 04 03:04 PM
Audi 100 quattro temp gauge probs Paul Wickham Audi 1 May 31st 04 04:39 PM
78 Audi 5000 Cruise Control Warning Light Problem TurboBanana Audi 2 May 25th 04 03:40 PM
problem with Audi a4 1.8t 1997 turbo - do i need a new one? G Audi 0 May 22nd 04 02:35 PM