Programming Key HELP!

Old August 18th 06, 03:09 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
ggslash

Default Programming Key HELP!

I had an ignition problem with my car, the barrel was jammed because of
the previous key was damaged. I changed barrel i got it all done. Car
is starting fine, i had to get a new key because i was an idiot because
of thought the guy was going to use the same barrel. Luckly he took it
to a locksmith and change the pins inside to fit the key i brought.

Anyways, i needed programming insutrctions for my new key. I wanted to
know if theirs any online instuction manual somewhere?

I was also a little worried as i changed my head unit, it's not the
tapeplayer anymore, its an actually cd player, none bmw, does this
effect the alarm or the keyless entry?

BMW 318i
1995
ews
---------------

Old August 19th 06, 02:11 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
bimbim

Key programming is done only on the dealership. You can sometimes get
away with it free. Programmed keys were introduced on EWSII. Earlier
versions need not. If you can start your car, you need not program it.

Audio system is totally separate from your alarm, keyless.

Old August 20th 06, 03:36 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
ggslash

hrmm, why can't i do it.

i mean if the dealership can, what stops me from doing it my self?
isn't it just functions on the key?