Need some assistance

Old March 2nd 06, 01:05 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw

Default Need some assistance

I have a 87 325e BMW that will not start after being washed. I checked for
spark on the plugs as well as the ignition coil and both has no sparks. I
also notice the fuel tranfer pump and fuel is not comming on when engine
is being crank over. I followed the manual and check the fuel pump relay
and the signal to the relay and determined that the relay is good but
there is no voltage going to the relay. I'm suspecting that the main
engine ECU went bad due to the fact that ignition and fuel went out at the
same time. Does anyone have any experience of the symtoms of a bad ECU
module

Old March 2nd 06, 01:40 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

> I have a 87 325e BMW that will not start after being washed. I checked for
> spark on the plugs as well as the ignition coil and both has no sparks. I
> also notice the fuel tranfer pump and fuel is not comming on when engine
> is being crank over. I followed the manual and check the fuel pump relay
> and the signal to the relay and determined that the relay is good but
> there is no voltage going to the relay. I'm suspecting that the main
> engine ECU went bad due to the fact that ignition and fuel went out at the
> same time. Does anyone have any experience of the symtoms of a bad ECU
> module

It lives under the dashboard. Did any water get in there due to a bad
windscreen gasket?

Email: , John G.Burns B.Eng, Bonny Scotland
Web :
http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!
www.Strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible price
Old March 2nd 06, 08:56 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw

I don't know if this will help you, several times after I washed my Z3 3.0i
six inline, I got this kind of problem.
Not completely stuck but misfirings and hard to recover the day after.

For some months I've been running the engine after car wash for soùe
minutes, until it gets the nominal temp. No further problems since.
I think that even though the engine isn't soaked, humidity remains inside
for long.

VAG-COM assistance A New Day Audi 5 February 21st 06 04:17 PM
intermittent powersteering assistance A6 JG Philipps Audi 1 February 12th 06 09:38 PM
Is AAA better than a credit card's roadside assistance? [email protected] Driving 10 June 20th 05 01:22 PM
Roadside Assistance Martin Price Driving 4 June 16th 05 06:41 AM
Assistance needed with Spider '91 hard top Dimitris Alfa Romeo 0 September 3rd 04 02:40 PM