Good thing I got the warranty!!

Old November 12th 04, 05:16 PM
Erik D.

Default Good thing I got the warranty!!

Well, I brought my car in cause it was grinding third. The transmission
is being rebuilt and they fixed the check engine light. I'm so happy I
bought the warranty for it. It sucks though that I haven't even made
the first payment and its already broke. Hopefully it isn't a sign of
things to come. Driving the truck around for the first time in weeks is
pretty nice though, I miss it!
Erik D.
'94 white lightning
'01 white GT(broke)

Old November 13th 04, 06:55 PM

****, Erik. That blows that the car is giving you crap already! After they
fix the trans... you may wanna put in a synthetic trans fluid. I did & it
feels quite a bit better. I'm more concerned w/ protection, but ...

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

Old November 14th 04, 04:38 AM
Patrick

"Erik D." > wrote in message >...

> Well, I brought my car in cause it was grinding third. The transmission
> is being rebuilt and they fixed the check engine light. I'm so happy I
> bought the warranty for it. It sucks though that I haven't even made
> the first payment and its already broke. Hopefully it isn't a sign of
> things to come. Driving the truck around for the first time in weeks is
> pretty nice though, I miss it!

> Erik D.
> '94 white lightning
> '01 white GT(broke)

Yours was the one bought with all the speed parts already on it,
right? You have to assume that if someone bolted-on the speed parts,
they used those speed parts... know what I mean?

Hope you don't have any more troubles,

Patrick
'93 Cobra
'83 LTD
Old November 14th 04, 06:30 AM
Erik D.

> Yours was the one bought with all the speed parts already on it,
> right? You have to assume that if someone bolted-on the speed parts,
> they used those speed parts... know what I mean?

LOL!! Believe me, i've been through this and I know exactly what you
mean. I was just hoping that with only 42,000 miles it would last a
little longer and be reliable. After all, its not that many speed parts
if you ask me(exhaust, gears, CAI). My friend had a '00 GT that was all
stock and had tranny problems at 25,000 though so I am not too
dissapointed about it. I heard there was a recall on some of the 5
speeds anyway so maybe they came up with something better. Hell, as
long as they keep fixing it, i'll keep driving it. I will most likely
only keep the car to the 100,000 mile mark anyway(which is when the
warranty runs out). BTW, I plan on getting full use out of the speed
parts as well

> Hope you don't have any more troubles,

Thanks!!

Erik D.
'94 white lightning
'01 white GT

Old November 14th 04, 07:58 AM

In that case... buy a new shifter (preferably Steeda Tri-Ax) AND trans
fluid. Do it at once. Lot easier to pour in the fluid from where the shifter
goes than pumping it into a small hole .

-Mike

Old November 14th 04, 09:17 PM

True!

--

&

Old November 14th 04, 11:11 PM
Patrick

"Erik D." > wrote in message >...

> > Yours was the one bought with all the speed parts already on it,
> > right? You have to assume that if someone bolted-on the speed parts,
> > they used those speed parts... know what I mean?

> LOL!! Believe me, i've been through this and I know exactly what you
> mean. I was just hoping that with only 42,000 miles it would last a
> little longer and be reliable. After all, its not that many speed parts
> if you ask me(exhaust, gears, CAI).

No, it's not, but again, the person who previously owned your car more
than likely drove aggressively.

> My friend had a '00 GT that was all
> stock and had tranny problems at 25,000 though so I am not too
> dissapointed about it. I heard there was a recall on some of the 5
> speeds anyway so maybe they came up with something better.

Somewhere around '00 and '01 Ford switched from the crappy, weak T-45
to a stronger Tremec. Your friend's car might have had the T-45.

Patrick
'93 Cobra
'83 LTD
Old November 15th 04, 06:03 AM
Erik D.

snip

> Somewhere around '00 and '01 Ford switched from the crappy, weak T-45
> to a stronger Tremec. Your friend's car might have had the T-45.

Do you have any idea how to tell which transmission it has?? I was told
some 00's have the tremec, and some '01's have the tremec. I know the
'00 my friend has says tremec on the transmission, but I was also told
that some T45's say tremec on them. There seems to be alot of confusion
about this subject whenever I ask someone. I need to know which one I
have though so I can order myself a shifter.
Erik D.
'94 white lightning
'01 white GT

Old November 15th 04, 06:05 AM

go to www.steeda.com & look for their tri-ax shifter. It'll tell you how to
determine which tranny you have.

-Mike

--

"Erik D." > wrote in message
> snip
> >
> > Somewhere around '00 and '01 Ford switched from the crappy, weak T-45
> > to a stronger Tremec. Your friend's car might have had the T-45.
> >

> Do you have any idea how to tell which transmission it has?? I was told
> some 00's have the tremec, and some '01's have the tremec. I know the
> '00 my friend has says tremec on the transmission, but I was also told
> that some T45's say tremec on them. There seems to be alot of confusion
> about this subject whenever I ask someone. I need to know which one I
> have though so I can order myself a shifter.
> Erik D.
> '94 white lightning
> '01 white GT

C5 problems (98 in particular) radar Corvette 12 January 3rd 05 10:04 PM
Warranty question DFS BMW 8 October 14th 04 03:57 PM
Selespeed - a Good Thing? Opinions Please Jake Alfa Romeo 6 August 9th 04 09:12 PM
Good Good Deals! Brendan Carpenter Dodge 0 April 20th 04 04:05 AM