Mustang Fever All Over Again

Old November 14th 04, 02:31 AM
SVTKate

Not necessarily Patrick.
I was just shocked to see it on a TV show when it isn't yet in all the
showrooms.

Our local dealership got a silver GT in, so I stopped and had a look at it.
With the spoiler, I suppose the exterior is acceptable... a bit bland, but
not enough to make me throw it out of the garage.

The interior makes the car a complete no sale for me.
The seats are hard and flat, if you took a turn at anything other than 10
mph you would be sliding across the car.
The dash is too deep to read easily, the stereo was flat sounding and the
controls throughout were a big yawn.
The ONLY thing I liked about it was the shifter on the auto (that made it
worthless too) tranny. I like the retro T style with the button on the side.
That's it, the only thing I liked about the interior.

Now, this IS a plain Jane interior, no little aluminium goodies, but stilll
it was just icky gooey and cootiefied. I doubt that the trim package would
change it for me a bit.

HAH! Thought you would rub my nose in it didn't you! *wink*

On the UP side, when I walked in to look at it, they guys behind the counter
said they'd only sell it to me if I traded MINE in on it! I laughed and told
them that that wasn't going to happen, that there was still one empty stall
in the garage if I needed it. Then they ran out to gawk at my poor beat up
old nag. So, even though she isn't new any more, and even though that GT has
all the horses she has... she's still a long legged good looking gal with a
nice rack under her hood...and she likes to go fast n topless. The boys know
it.

--
Kate
98 Cobra Drop Top

"Patrick" > wrote in message
om...
hlink.net>...

Old November 15th 04, 10:35 PM
GEB

Scott en Aztlán wrote:

> The connection times out for me. Maybe they've exceeded their
> bandwidth this month?

Nope...probably timed out for you cause the server got hammered. Buzz
Haze's photo gallery is on there and it gets quite a bit of traffic,
along with a few drag racers sites. Give it a try again. This IS the
video your looking for though!

Gary
Old December 13th 04, 09:11 PM
gqgumshoe

There's a copy of the spot on the website of David Stuart, the actor who
starred in the spot with Steve McQueen.

http://www.david-stuart.net

Here in Canada we are just getting the new Mustangs in the dealerships and
are only now getting to see the Cornfield spot. So the buzz from that
commercial is hitting us almost two months after the US. Kind of
depressing to be so far behind but better late than never. I think all the
spots are great, especially the McQueen one.