Where do I find my keypad code Ford Explorer 02?

Old January 18th 05, 01:28 AM
relic

Default Where do I find my keypad code Ford Explorer 02?

I've done some research but can not get a straight answer. Does anyone
know?

Old January 18th 05, 02:30 AM
Jim Warman

The only way I'm sure of is to retrieve it from the module using the WDS
scan tool. Some of the early ones had it on a module in one of the rear side
panels. This may be applicable up to the job 1 Explorers but I am sure it is
not applicable to the job 2 Exs.

HTH

lkaboutautos.com...

Old January 18th 05, 07:31 AM
Janet

In article
outautos.com>,
"relic" > wrote:

> I've done some research but can not get a straight answer. Does anyone
> know?

I got mine off the card inside the owner's manual .... you don't have
one?
Old January 18th 05, 03:00 PM
Teleplus Gatineau

you will also find it embossed onto your computer in the back of the truck.
I believe on yours it is on the drivers side in around where the jack is.
You may need a small mirror to read it though. Good Luck.

-Andy
99 XLT
lkaboutautos.com...

Old January 18th 05, 03:54 PM
C. E. White

Teleplus Gatineau wrote:

> you will also find it embossed onto your computer in the back of the truck.
> I believe on yours it is on the drivers side in around where the jack is.
> You may need a small mirror to read it though. Good Luck.

This may or may not be true. Ford changed the type of
security system and the newer system doesn't have the code
on the unit. The original modules were programed when the
modules were manufactured. The newer modules are
electronically programed during the vehicle build process.

Regards,

Ed White
Old January 19th 05, 08:12 AM
Jim Warman

You jogged my memory... early to mid 80s (IIRC) s when the key pad reared
it's ugly head. I had one custoer with a Lincoln Town Car circa this period.
All you had to do was look under the lip of the trunk lid to see the keypad
code. Security at it's finest.

If it makes anyone feel better.... on the late vehicles, using the WDS scan
tool, it takes 10 minutes to be granted access to the security programming.
After that, anything you want to do HAS to be done correctly other wise the
module will punt your *ss and make you start from scratch. DAMHIKT!!!

Old January 23rd 05, 04:40 PM
John Ahnen

Just bought a 96 XLT yesterday for daughter and her new baby. Seller did
not have the code or the card. Your post saved me a lot of trouble, Thanks.
We also have a 2000 Eddie Bauer model. Love them both.

. ..