134a Refrigerant

Old July 15th 05, 04:45 PM
jeff

Nathan W. Collier wrote:
<..>
>he _defined_ freon as a compound. to quote: "freon is a
> compound".
>
> mistaken? dictionary.com http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=freon
> defines it as:
>
> "A trademark used for a variety of nonflammable gaseous or liquid
> fluorinated hydrocarbons employed primarily as working fluids in
> refrigeration and air conditioning and as aerosol propellants."
>
> it is a trademark used. it is not a compound, a mixture, or anything else.
> im right, youre wrong, now spin and lie like a good liberal.

No Nate, you were simply being a pedantic little prick attempting to
deflect the core of the discussion with a bit of minutia. You had made
the statement that CFCs were mixtures. Mixtures and compounds are not
the same thing. I am aware that Freon is a registered trademark, but it
has become so generic that to the common man if you were to use the word
they instantly know what you are talking about. An excellent example of
this is to search E-Bay (tm) for Freon. Hundreds of hits for Freon-12
and Freon Sniffers, and Freon conversion kits. As an "Industry Insider"
you, of course, are daily exposed machinations of DuPont's legal
department is trying to reassert some level of branding.
http://www.answers.com/topic/genericized-trademark
As a final note, when I skin a knuckle working on my jeep, I put a
bandaid on it.

--
jeff
Old July 15th 05, 06:35 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

The operative word in my question was "YOU" and you failed again.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 15th 05, 06:39 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Point is I have "3.14" memorized, you obviously couldn't remember,
otherwise you wouldn't have written: "3..."
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 15th 05, 06:47 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

NO WHERE HAVE I STATED "Volume Change = Density" They obviously
different by definition. I said creates, like an explosion by ignition.
Dense!!!!!!!!!
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 15th 05, 06:52 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Paraphrase: Gobblygook.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 15th 05, 07:37 PM
jeff

Here is what you wrote:
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote:
>Just so you now know, the volume change created by mixing is their
> new density.

Let's parse your statement:
[Just so you now know,] Non-sequitur. Ignore

[created by mixing] Qualifier, we can take that out.
which leaves the meat or your statement:

volume change is their new density.

If you want to divide it up a little finer, the [change] and [their new]
are simply descriptors referring th the new state and can be dropped.

this leaves "volume is density"

Perhaps you would like to rephrase it in a more coherent and cohesive
manner?

Old July 15th 05, 07:45 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Your deductive powers are seriously flawed! You really need help,
grabbing for straws like this.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 15th 05, 08:23 PM
jeff

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote:
> Your deductive powers are seriously flawed!

The parsing of your statement was straight forward. No deductive powers
involved at all, simply a carving up of a statement to the core
assertion. Show the flaws.

> You really need help, grabbing for straws like this.

straws???

Old July 15th 05, 09:11 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

You really think you may substitute "equal" for "is" in my
statement "volume change is their new
density"??????????????????????????? That does not make volume equal
density, no more than an apple equals and orange. Dense!
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 15th 05, 09:34 PM
Nathan W. Collier

"jeff" > wrote in message

> No Nate, you were simply being a pedantic little prick attempting to
> deflect the core of the discussion with a bit of minutia.

_wrong_. if youre going to step into my industry and try to explain
something to me youd better do your homework first. your statement was
_wrong_.

> You had made the statement that CFCs were mixtures.

show me.

> I am aware that Freon is a registered trademark, but it has become so
> generic that to the common man if you were to use the word they instantly
> know what you are talking about.

exactly....the "common man" typically doesnt know **** about refrigeration
or refrigerants. if you want to talk the talk like the big man who knows
something about either youd better step up and learn what youre talking
about. _nobody_ within the industry uses the term "freon" because it is a
brand name. "refrigerant" is both the proper terminoloy _and_ the commonly
used reference by those who know what theyre talking about. only those
ignorant to the industry would use the word "freon" and only the foolish
would defend it.

> An excellent example of this is to search E-Bay (tm) for Freon.

lol well there it is.....ebay = biblical credibility! :-)

oh wait im sorry, you liberals have no use for such foolishness.

--
Nathan W. Collier
http://InlineDiesel.com