jetta won't start quickly

Old April 29th 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default jetta won't start quickly

I have to wait 15 minutes after starting my 200 jetta in the morning (hot or
cold weather) or it stalls. If it sits more than an hour during the day, I
have to do it again. Any ideas?
Old April 29th 06, 07:10 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

"misskitty" <u21356@uwe> wrote in message news:5f8265a25316b@uwe...
> I have to wait 15 minutes after starting my 200 jetta in the morning (hot

or
> cold weather) or it stalls. If it sits more than an hour during the day,

> have to do it again. Any ideas?

Not much to go on but let me venture a guess. (Assuming you mean a "2000
Jetta) Most likely possible causes:

Vacuum leak ( or induction leak) Maybe even oil filler cap or dip stick not
sealing properly)

EGR valve stuck open

insufficient fuel delivery. (restricted fuel filter, weak fuel pump)

ECT (Engine Coolant Temperature) sensor faulty , reading skewed too warm

Excessive alcohol content in fuel.

just to name a few.

--
Kevin Mouton
Automotive Technology Instructor

Old April 29th 06, 07:22 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Kevin wrote:
>> I have to wait 15 minutes after starting my 200 jetta in the morning (hot or
>> cold weather) or it stalls. If it sits more than an hour during the day, I
>> have to do it again. Any ideas?

>Not much to go on but let me venture a guess. (Assuming you mean a "2000
>Jetta) Most likely possible causes:
>
>Vacuum leak ( or induction leak) Maybe even oil filler cap or dip stick not
>sealing properly)
>
>EGR valve stuck open
>
>insufficient fuel delivery. (restricted fuel filter, weak fuel pump)
>
>ECT (Engine Coolant Temperature) sensor faulty , reading skewed too warm
>
>Excessive alcohol content in fuel.
>
>just to name a few.

Thanks! Now I know where to start looking.
Old April 29th 06, 09:30 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Do you mean a 2000 Jetta? If so it is OBDII and should have the system
analyzed with an OBDII tester before you start throwing parts at it.