Alfa 147 1.6 Service costs

Old July 10th 04, 09:05 PM
Catman

Colonel Tupperware wrote:

> On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 13:40:34 +0200, "Alfistagj"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Colonel Tupperware" > schreef in bericht
. ..
>>> On 9 Jul 2004 15:08:38 -0700, wrote:
>>> The Alfa of course has kudos, but loses on every other front,
>>> including the resale value.

>>What's new??
>>Why do all those people drive Alfa's?

> Because they like them.
>
>>They should be mad!

> They probably are.

Well I certainly am
Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old July 11th 04, 01:50 AM
Jonathan Day

> wrote in message >
And just wait till he wants to sell his Hyundai on. He can come back
> and talk about it to us then. When he can't get the price he wants, or
> a buyer willing to take it on. Then is it worth paying for a few parts
> for the 147. Plus, am I not right in saying that Alfa Romeo a few
> months ago were selling cars with a 5 year warranty at the dealers. I
> stand to be corrected if I'm wrong. John, UK.

My Hyundai Getz cost me Ł6K brand new so its not going to lose me too much!
As for selling it on, after three years I can pass on a car with 2 years
warranty that even covers the exhaust! It will cost next to nothing to run
as it uses no petrol and all the servicing is paid for! Its even got
airbags, ABS, electric windows, Sony CD player, central locking and almost
an engine! Its not got a single fault and is 100% reliable.

Don't get me wrong the little Hyundai is nowhere near as stylish,
comfortable or as involving to drive as my Alfa 147. However, after several
dents on the doors in car parks (no rubbing strips), numerous trips to the
dealer to fix niggling faults, monstrous servicing costs, fuel bills and
high insurance suddenly the Hyundai seems quite attractive and fantastic
value!

I love my Alfa and still feel very proud of it. Its still great to have
people comment on what a great car I have! However since I got the Hyundai
I am beginning to see why people buy them! I got mine for the wife to learn
to drive in.

Above all if they could get the Alfa dealers right it would make such a
difference and I would be able to enjoy my 147 without that feeling that I
am paying dearly for that kudos of driving an Alfa!

Jonathan Day

Old July 11th 04, 10:56 AM
Pete

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 00:50:30 GMT, "Jonathan Day" >,
wrote:

>My Hyundai Getz cost me Ł6K brand new so its not going to lose me too much!
>As for selling it on, after three years I can pass on a car with 2 years
>warranty that even covers the exhaust! It will cost next to nothing to run
>as it uses no petrol and all the servicing is paid for! Its even got
>airbags, ABS, electric windows, Sony CD player, central locking and almost
>an engine! Its not got a single fault and is 100% reliable.

Exactly what I was thinking. It G E T Z you from A2B. Where's the problem?
Horses for courses. Alfa for hearts. Ferrari for race days.
Hyundai have been quietly doing what Skoda and Seat have done, and
improving hand over hand. None of them are designing Alfa Romeo's but they
are building cars. Unlike Rover - who are importing them from India <LOL>

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso (his)
147 2.0 TS (2002) - Gem Green (her's)
Old July 12th 04, 04:09 PM
MeatballTurbo

In article >, iowna156
@alfa.com says...
> Hyundai have been quietly doing what Skoda and Seat have done, and
> improving hand over hand. None of them are designing Alfa Romeo's but the=

> are building cars. Unlike Rover - who are importing them from India <LOL>
>=20
>=20

Agreed.

I saw a back to back review or the latest Hyundai V6 Coupe, and the=20
Lexus LS430. On all things, the Hyundai was a better car (ride,=20
handling, performance, equipment spec, and dealer warrenties etc) except=20
the materials were wood and leather in the Lexus instead of plastic and=20
half leather in the Hyundai, and a folding metal roof on the Lexus. Even=20
with the name, I don't think it was worth the =A320k+ difference in the=20
prices of the two cars. both cars will depreciate, but the Hyundai V6=20
coupes tend to be keeping their prices better than a lot of other brands
--=20
The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.
http://www.bouncing-czechs.com
Old July 12th 04, 09:55 PM

"Jonathan Day" > wrote in message >...
> > wrote in message >
> And just wait till he wants to sell his Hyundai on. He can come back
> > and talk about it to us then. When he can't get the price he wants, or
> > a buyer willing to take it on. Then is it worth paying for a few parts
> > for the 147. Plus, am I not right in saying that Alfa Romeo a few
> > months ago were selling cars with a 5 year warranty at the dealers. I
> > stand to be corrected if I'm wrong. John, UK.

> My Hyundai Getz cost me Ł6K brand new so its not going to lose me too much!
> As for selling it on, after three years I can pass on a car with 2 years
> warranty that even covers the exhaust! It will cost next to nothing to run
> as it uses no petrol and all the servicing is paid for! Its even got
> airbags, ABS, electric windows, Sony CD player, central locking and almost
> an engine! Its not got a single fault and is 100% reliable.
>
> Don't get me wrong the little Hyundai is nowhere near as stylish,
> comfortable or as involving to drive as my Alfa 147. However, after several
> dents on the doors in car parks (no rubbing strips), numerous trips to the
> dealer to fix niggling faults, monstrous servicing costs, fuel bills and
> high insurance suddenly the Hyundai seems quite attractive and fantastic
> value!
>
> I love my Alfa and still feel very proud of it. Its still great to have
> people comment on what a great car I have! However since I got the Hyundai
> I am beginning to see why people buy them! I got mine for the wife to learn
> to drive in.
>
> Above all if they could get the Alfa dealers right it would make such a
> difference and I would be able to enjoy my 147 without that feeling that I
> am paying dearly for that kudos of driving an Alfa!
>
> Jonathan Day

Hi Jonathan,
All jokes aside, if your Hyundai does the job thats fine. After all if
all cars were the same what a dreary world it would be. Could you
imagine what it would be like if everybody had a Volvo and smoked a
pipe.
Good luck, John, UK.
Old July 22nd 04, 08:18 AM
Neuropean

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 09:29:11 +0100, Colonel Tupperware
> wrote:

=>I depends. Do you want a reasonably priced car that goes for ever,
got one

=>never breaks down,
Got one

=> is cheap to service
Got one

=>but has no kudos
Mine has

=>or resale value,
I buy to drive safely and get immense pleasure in doing that, I
couldn't care less about resale value. It's like buying a painting and
hide it in a safe. A boring life has its price. Oh, and I never lost a
penny when buying a new car.

or an Alfa?
Well between an Alfa and an Alfa, I chose an Alfa.

Neuropean

Alfa Service Lenny Alfa Romeo 3 July 7th 04 11:34 PM
Alfa 164 ABS Warning D & J Merrylees Alfa Romeo 0 May 24th 04 07:37 AM
Light at the end of the tunnel for UK Alfa drivers?? Alfistagj Alfa Romeo 0 May 22nd 04 11:08 AM
Giulietta e Nuova 147 Plug-in Bourne Alfa Romeo 0 May 13th 04 01:16 PM
Alfa Romeo meeting in Kraków Marek M. Alfa Romeo 0 May 7th 04 08:32 PM