Warranty/maintenance question

Old February 3rd 05, 03:10 AM
The Lindbergh Baby

Default Warranty/maintenance question

When you buy a car you get the listing of "scheduled maintenance": 750
miles, have basic checks, 15,000 miles, more of same, etc.

My question is, if you have most of that stuff looked at during regular
oil changes and other fluid maintenance and are reasonably sure the 7500
or 15000 checks are not needed, does ignoring them void the warranty
down the road?

Thx.

John

--
To reply, remove "die.spammers" from address

Old February 3rd 05, 04:49 AM
LauraK

>My question is, if you have most of that stuff looked at during regular
>oil changes and other fluid maintenance and are reasonably sure the 7500
>or 15000 checks are not needed, does ignoring them void the warranty
>down the road?

Probably. Look at the warranty and the information in the Owner's manual. It
will tell you what you have to do to keep the warranty in effect.

http://www.madmousergraphics.com
web design, print design, photography

Old February 3rd 05, 12:45 PM
Snow

> My question is, if you have most of that stuff looked at during regular
> oil changes and other fluid maintenance and are reasonably sure the 7500
> or 15000 checks are not needed, does ignoring them void the warranty down
> the road?

Yes.. certain things are done on those 7500 and 15000 checks that are not
done on regular oil changes, it varies from vehicle to vehicle but a few
items generally are belt changes, timing chain changes, even plugs, wires
and distributor caps changes may be involved.
Your owners manual will tell what is to be accomplished at what mileage.

Snow

Old February 3rd 05, 06:37 PM
The Lindbergh Baby

Snow wrote:
>>My question is, if you have most of that stuff looked at during regular
>>oil changes and other fluid maintenance and are reasonably sure the 7500
>>or 15000 checks are not needed, does ignoring them void the warranty down
>>the road?

> Yes.. certain things are done on those 7500 and 15000 checks that are not
> done on regular oil changes, it varies from vehicle to vehicle but a few
> items generally are belt changes, timing chain changes, even plugs, wires
> and distributor caps changes may be involved.
> Your owners manual will tell what is to be accomplished at what mileage.
>
> Snow

I don't hvae belts or timing chain in my car, and my manual says I only
get a tune up at 100,000 miles.

I looked at what they do, and aside from checking things like CV boot
lubrication everything that they do I've recently had done. Everything.

John

--
To reply, remove "die.spammers" from address

Old February 3rd 05, 07:09 PM
Snow

never seen a car that doesn't have a timing chain/belt or other belts under
the hood. unless its one of these electric things... what type of car is
it??

Snow...

"The Lindbergh Baby" > wrote in
message ...

Old February 3rd 05, 11:44 PM
The Lindbergh Baby

Snow wrote:
> never seen a car that doesn't have a timing chain/belt or other belts under
> the hood. unless its one of these electric things... what type of car is
> it??
>
> Snow...

Nissan Altima, 2004.