Is my driftwood raising the PH?

Old September 16th 03, 04:35 AM
NetMax

Default Is my driftwood raising the PH?

Nope, IMNSHO ;~) it's just like you & TYNK 7 said it.

NetMax

"Cris" wrote in message
s.com...
snip
I know this is an oversimplified explanation, and I'm sure the
terminology is all wrong. But I'm sure someone can correct me?

Cris

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 09:27:48 GMT, "Phil Every"
wrote:

I have been having trouble getting the PH down
Ive been told the tap water here is unusually soft for a mains supply.
It comes out of the tap at about 7.5 - 7.7 ph
I cant seem to get the 'PH Down' stuff to have a long term effect. It

goes
down, then within 24 hours it's back to 7.6 or so.
I took both the rocks out of the tank in case that was teh problem but

it
deosn't seem to have helped. All that remains is some driftwood I have

and a
few small bunches of live plants.

Old September 16th 03, 08:43 AM
Mean_Chlorine

"Phil Every" wrote in message ...

I have been having trouble getting the PH down
Ive been told the tap water here is unusually soft for a mains supply.
It comes out of the tap at about 7.5 - 7.7 ph
I cant seem to get the 'PH Down' stuff to have a long term effect. It goes
down, then within 24 hours it's back to 7.6 or so.

Is there sand in your aquarium?

The pH (about 7.5) is typical of limestone, as is the rather slow
reaction (taking days to complete).

That said, your pH is just fine for any, and I mean any, fish you care
to keep. Some rainforest fish *may* have problem with the
fertilization rate of their eggs, but they'll live & thrive as normal.

driftwood jungle Reefs 1 April 20th 04 09:23 PM
driftwood Dr Engelbert Buxbaum General 0 January 21st 04 01:42 PM
Wacky idea for sinking driftwood... Mean_Chlorine General 5 September 11th 03 03:41 AM
Driftwood question RedForeman General 0 September 9th 03 06:26 PM
Driftwood from Manzanita Dan Norgard General 0 August 15th 03 05:45 AM