2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 Demo Price?

Old June 13th 05, 03:26 PM
BAS

Default 2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 Demo Price?

The dealer wants has a Graphite 2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 dealer
demo car with 5300 miles on it. It has a rear spoiler, mud guards,
cargo tray, all-season mats. They have also quoted the same new car at
$24,500 w/ spoiler.

My questions a

What is a fair demo price?
Any watchouts buying a demo car?
Is the new car price good?

Thanks

Old June 13th 05, 09:26 PM

The new car quote is reasonable, although you can most likely negotiate
that down several hundred.

The demo is "new" in that it has not been titled. It is very used, in
that it has been driven around town by people who abused it at least to
some extent. By several hundred people. All it took was one jerk,
think about it.

The dealer will not drop the price down to a reasonable level, IMO.
They know that someone will go for it with just a minimal amount off.
A fair price is $3,000 or 4,000 U.S. off, but I'm betting you won't get
that deal.

Old June 13th 05, 10:21 PM
Tush Smells Bush Kills!!!!!!!!!!!

Just think of it as a "new" toilet with 5300 flushes.

Old June 14th 05, 04:31 PM
BAS

Now that I think of it, the many rental cars I have driven can look
pretty rough after 5000 miles. :-)

Old June 14th 05, 06:41 PM
Professor

Yes... that's the problem with demos... the driver hasn't been babying
it much.

Professor
www.telstar-electronics.com

Old June 14th 05, 07:17 PM

Matter of fact, now that I think about it, my current wife (ha!) bought
a demo '90 Integra with 5000 miles on it before we got together. She
had to have both half-shafts replaced by 18,000 miles (at least it was
in warranty).

Mechanic said the only way that happened was, someone took the steering
all the way to lock, and dropped the clutch at high rpm. Many times.

Old June 15th 05, 02:13 AM
SoCalMike

BAS wrote:
> What is a fair demo price?

invoice? and subtract 3% holdback from the MSRP, too.
Old June 15th 05, 02:36 PM
BAS

That seems too high. I counter-offered $24,100 -$400 less than what he
quoted- for the new Accord. The salesman was agitated saying 'I guess
you don't want us to make any money' on this deal....No Thanks. So, we
got up and left.

Old June 15th 05, 09:35 PM

BAS wrote:
> That seems too high. I counter-offered $24,100 -$400 less than what he
> quoted- for the new Accord. The salesman was agitated saying 'I guess
> you don't want us to make any money' on this deal....No Thanks. So, we
> got up and left.

4 to 1 bet that someone will give you a call back to continue the "what
will it take?" game.

You did leave your number, didn't you? No harm in that. Can be quite
effective.