Another Civic Loser bites it

Old June 21st 05, 09:56 PM

Default Another Civic Loser bites it

CHICAGO -- A three-car crash tied up the Stevenson Expressway Sunday
night.

Seven people were injured around 11 p.m. when a car crashed into the
back of two other cars near Central Avenue.

Many drivers and witnesses said a trauma nurse on her way home from a
shift helped to calm and treat injured victims.

None of the injuries were life-threatening, officials said.
(The above was caused by the stopped traffic from the following MENSA
Scholar--JG)

However, a separate crash on the Stevenson killed a man earlier in the
evening.

Saeed Saheem, 23, was driving his Honda **Civic** in the right lane
south on the expressway just past the First Avenue exit near Summit
around 8:30 p.m. when he merged into the center lane, state police
said.

But Saheem swerved into the left lane and struck a Toyota Camry, police
said. The Honda rolled from the impact and slammed into a concrete
wall.

The victim was not wearing a seatbelt and during the rollover, his head
hit the wall, according to Griffin.

Saheem, a resident of Kentucky, was pronounced dead at an area
hospital.

Old June 21st 05, 10:00 PM
Dan J.S.

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> CHICAGO -- A three-car crash tied up the Stevenson Expressway Sunday
> night.
>
> Seven people were injured around 11 p.m. when a car crashed into the
> back of two other cars near Central Avenue.
>
> Many drivers and witnesses said a trauma nurse on her way home from a
> shift helped to calm and treat injured victims.
>
> None of the injuries were life-threatening, officials said.
> (The above was caused by the stopped traffic from the following MENSA
> Scholar--JG)
>
> However, a separate crash on the Stevenson killed a man earlier in the
> evening.
>
> Saeed Saheem, 23, was driving his Honda **Civic** in the right lane
> south on the expressway just past the First Avenue exit near Summit
> around 8:30 p.m. when he merged into the center lane, state police
> said.
>
> But Saheem swerved into the left lane and struck a Toyota Camry, police
> said. The Honda rolled from the impact and slammed into a concrete
> wall.
>
> The victim was not wearing a seatbelt and during the rollover, his head
> hit the wall, according to Griffin.
>
> Saheem, a resident of Kentucky, was pronounced dead at an area
> hospital.

Honda driver and a possible Al Queada member! All in one shot - ahem -
crash!

Old June 21st 05, 11:04 PM
Dave C.

> Saeed Saheem, 23, was driving his Honda **Civic** in the right lane
> south on the expressway just past the First Avenue exit near Summit
> around 8:30 p.m. when he merged into the center lane, state police
> said.
>
> But Saheem swerved into the left lane and struck a Toyota Camry, police
> said. The Honda rolled from the impact and slammed into a concrete
> wall.
>
> The victim was not wearing a seatbelt and during the rollover, his head
> hit the wall, according to Griffin.
>
> Saheem, a resident of Kentucky,

Well that explains it. I've had to travel to Kentucky for several business
trips. Every time I'm in Kentucky, I can't drive more than five miles
without seeing a major car accident. I define major car accident as:
- Involving more than two vehicles (all with KY plates)
- Involving major damage to at least one of the three or more vehicles and
- Stopping traffic on both sides of the road, regardless of whether the
collision happened ON a road or not

Disclaimer: the above only applies during regular daylight hours. Late at
night when all the locals are drunk, they somehow manage not to crash into
each other. ???

I've lived in the Northeast U.S. for many years, where we supposedly have
the worst drivers in the world. However, if driving ability is measured in
crashes per mile driven, we are kicking the crap out of the Kentucky
drivers, as far as safety goes. -Dave

Honda Civic EX vs Mazda3 S nash123 Honda 12 June 25th 05 05:18 AM
Installing Alpine CDM-s620 and civic 99 radio/headunit in 90 civic wagon Theodore Chan Honda 2 April 21st 05 03:34 AM
Honda OEM Parts Catalogs for Sale Joe Honda 0 February 12th 05 01:43 PM
Civic Hybrid [email protected] Honda 8 December 12th 04 04:38 PM
Ask the liar to prove the lies! Be careful I-zheet M'drurz Corvette 46 September 6th 04 01:08 PM