AD: Ok sort of...

Old May 17th 05, 08:18 AM
Kenner Costen

Default AD: Ok sort of...

Hey folks, since I am connection my truck to the internet and wiring it with
PC's (ok so Im a geek but, hey I 4x4) I put up a site about what I am doing.
I also have a forum for others doing the same or asking questions about
products as well as a links area where you can link your own web space or
business (no adult). So if you are interested, check it out:

http://www.internet4x4.com

I know its ugly but, I work for a living not code any more

Old May 25th 05, 06:22 AM
Bob Walker

"Kenner Costen" > wrote in message
> Hey folks, since I am connection my truck to the internet and wiring it
> with
> PC's (ok so Im a geek but, hey I 4x4) I put up a site about what I am
> doing.
> I also have a forum for others doing the same or asking questions about
> products as well as a links area where you can link your own web space or
> business (no adult). So if you are interested, check it out:
>
> http://www.internet4x4.com
>

> I know its ugly but, I work for a living not code any more

Kenner: I use a laptop that straps to an articulated pedestal desk. It can
be easily adjusted and locked down in many positions. There are many
commercially available but mine is a Jotto Desk and it works very well. I
have added some simple supports that compensate for rough off road travel
and it's very solid and rugged. The only down side is that there is a metal
post on the extreme left side of the passenger compartment that may be
hazardous in an accident. The laptop straps in and connects in minutes and
is very convenient to take out and use elsewhere while on the road. I use it
mainly for GPS tracking and trip planning but I've thought of using my cell
phone and the thousands of unused roll over minutes for internet access.

I'll be glad to email you some photos of the set up.

Bob Walker