Sunroof drain tube replacement

Old January 21st 07, 04:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Al Reynolds

Default Sunroof drain tube replacement

Hi there,

Car is a 97 Accord Aerodeck LSI RHD (Wagon EX in USA)

Short version of story:
- water in driver footwell - carpet soaked
- suspected sunroof drain tube, so poured water down each in turn
- other three draining fine in correct place at wheel arch
- driver's is draining into footwell

I have checked at the sunroof end and the sunroof drain tube is
definitely still attached to the nozzle on the sunroof frame. For
the moment I have put a small bung in the drain hole to prevent
further damage to the carpet, but this isn't ideal!

Checked under wheel arch behind protective cover and the
outlet (front drain valve) is all present and correct. Eventually
worked out that I should be able to reach the other side of this
drain valve from inside the car under the dash, so I went to have
a look. I found the drain valve (it's like a right-angled tube bend
in rubber) but no tube was connected and the right-angled part
was pointing horizontally towards the rear of the car.

I could see no sign of the drain tube entering this space, but then
it's fairly cramped. Anyone got any idea where it should enter
(from the top or rear) and how I'm going to get a new one in if
this one is done for?

Thanks in advance,
Al Reynolds

Old January 27th 07, 03:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Al Reynolds

"Al Reynolds" > wrote:
> I could see no sign of the drain tube entering this space, but then
> it's fairly cramped. Anyone got any idea where it should enter
> (from the top or rear) and how I'm going to get a new one in if
> this one is done for?

Found the drain tube, about 2" away from the valve. Comes in
from right at an angle about 15 degrees below horizontal. End of
tube was right behind a red electrical connector. Couldn't get to
it, so paid Honda shop - 1.5 hrs labour! They did need to drop
all the fuse and relay arrangement forwards to get to it, then test
afterwards for water ingress. All been fine since.

Al