'92 GTI Gear Linkage Question

Old July 9th 06, 01:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Dave[_2_]

Default '92 GTI Gear Linkage Question

'92 8 valve. Is there any way to replace the bushing at the gear shift
end of the linkage to the transmission WITHOUT removing the exhaust
system?

I have the engine out and the engine end of the linkage out of the way.
How do I replace the plastic bushing at the gear shift end of that
shaft WITHOUT removing the exhaust system.

Any ideas are welcome David Abineri

Old July 9th 06, 03:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
One out of many Daves

I think that if you can carefully remove the exhaust shield just above the
exhaust you might be able to replace the gear shift bushing without removing
the exhaust. Remember that you will drop the shifter out of the bottom
right over the exhaust.
I think it ain't easy but it should be doable and I think I have done it
before.

later,
dave
(One out of many daves)

"Dave" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> '92 8 valve. Is there any way to replace the bushing at the gear shift
> end of the linkage to the transmission WITHOUT removing the exhaust
> system?
>
> I have the engine out and the engine end of the linkage out of the way.
> How do I replace the plastic bushing at the gear shift end of that
> shaft WITHOUT removing the exhaust system.
>
> Any ideas are welcome David Abineri

147 gear linkage David A Smith Alfa Romeo 3 December 13th 05 02:27 PM
gear slipping Vassie VW air cooled 1 November 4th 05 07:20 PM
Adjusting gear linkage on MK3 golf vw-stuff VW water cooled 0 October 17th 05 11:10 AM
1995 Olds Cutlass Steering Gear Question KC Technology 3 August 5th 05 03:59 AM
Where to get Official Speed Limit Info [email protected] Driving 40 January 3rd 05 08:10 AM