Replacing heater core on lw300

Old January 1st 07, 10:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Oppie[_2_]

Default Replacing heater core on lw300

I darn near choked when I saw a puddle of coolant on the passenger side
floor. Having replaced heater cores on other vehicles, I know that usually
the entire dashboard gets removed. I was pleasantly surprised on the '01
lw300 to find that the hoses all snap apart fairly easily and the core
itself can be removed by only removing some passenger side trim and a few
screws! Not even sure yet if it is definitely the core or a O-ring joint
that is leaking. I have some newspaper wedged under the pipes and core for
now to see where the leak is coming from. Should know pretty soon where the
leak is.

Even the blower motor is not too bad to get at. It's been squeaking a bit
lately. It comes out from the top but may require removing the wiper arms
and vent plate.

CJ-5 Heater Fan Upgrade Questions James[_1_] Jeep 51 March 25th 07 03:36 PM
98 Nissan Altima Heater Core Leak Charlie Technology 1 February 22nd 06 05:35 PM
heater core MACJAC Ford Explorer 5 January 5th 06 02:48 AM
R & R heater core on a 1990 -- question Ben Harding Corvette 2 November 21st 04 02:24 PM