Stupid question about tires

Old September 7th 04, 03:37 AM
Robert P.

Default Stupid question about tires

How likely are you to get a hole in your tires from running over a can of
diet coke? My wife has had all kinds of holes in her tires, even after we
put on a new set, and all I can think of is that she has been known to run
over any stray cans which have fallen out of the recycle bin.
Old September 7th 04, 03:57 PM
Terry

There's no such thing as a stupid question, or so I tell my students (I'm a
teacher).
I do agree, it's highly unlikely. You could drive up a mountain of crushed
cans
of Diet Coke and not have a flat tire. Are there nails lying around your
recycling bin?
We've also had several flats, almost always turns out to be a nail or a
screw
in the tire. Always seems to happen to my wife, never happens to me!?
It was especially bad after our roof was re-roofed, they SUPPOSEDLY picked
up
all the nails, but we found a few more in our tires...they actually dropped
out of the
underside of the roof during the months after the work was done, landed on
the garage floor.

Have another look at the area where you park your car, see what's lying
around.

Terry

Old September 9th 04, 12:15 AM
Kirk Kohnen

VERY unlikely! I've used my car to flatten cans intentionally before putting
them into the recycle bin! It makes them quite a bit flatter than my can
crusher does.

I've never had a problem whatsoever.

Now, I *WOULDN'T* recommend running over BOTTLES of diet coke!

"Robert P." > wrote in message
> How likely are you to get a hole in your tires from running over a can of
> diet coke? My wife has had all kinds of holes in her tires, even after we
> put on a new set, and all I can think of is that she has been known to run
> over any stray cans which have fallen out of the recycle bin.

hybrids: toyota vs. honda Magnulus Driving 38 January 18th 05 07:09 PM
Stupid Question BxP9 Saturn 1 September 4th 04 02:00 PM
stupid question R.Reppy Dodge 6 June 14th 04 09:39 PM