Just got an insurance quote for a 75 V6 for a giggle.

Old May 27th 04, 08:28 PM
Tony Rickard

"SteveH" wrote:
> > > OK, you get the lovely V6 sound, but the performance isn't any better
> > > than a 2lt TSpark, due to the extra weight of the V6 engine. [1]

> > > [1] The 75 TSpark has the same power/weight ratio as a 156 V6 24v,

ffs!

> > Not sure on your source. UKCar.com lists the 75 2.0TS as 133 bhp/tonne

and
> > the 156 V6 2.5 as 146. 7.3 vs 8.8s to 60.
> >
> > The 2.5 V6 is significantly quicker than the 2.0TS IMHO though a lot
> > thirstier!

> I got my info from Carfolio - but obviously there's some inaccuracies
> somewhere.
>
> However, cars have got fat these days (even Alfas), so the 75 'feels'
> more sprightly than newer cars (my 155 is positively sluggish compared
> to the 75 with the same engine)

True. The GTV 2.0Ts felt less sprightly than the 33 8v, though I *knew* it
was quicker!

Personally I think the TS engine feels a bit underpowered in any modern
Alfa. It just lacks that feeling of urgency even though the performance
figures stack up ok. The TS sounds good too, I just yearn for that bit more
power and torque. The V6 provides the "rush".